Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped by wallys to see if they got any of the new Decades cars. This particular store has decided to stop using BOD and just peg cases as needed. I saw several A case cars and went to look to see if a BOD was anywhere. i went down the bicycle aisle and found three new cases on a cart. Instead of case raiding, my conscience got the better of me and I decided to find someone to ask if I could open them. A random stocker called the toy department lady and instead of her being nice and asking if she could help, she blurted out "did you need something?" So I asked if I could go through the cases. She then got all scruffy and said they were overstock and are going in the back. Then she asked if I was looking for something, as if she knew what I was looking for.

So I'm pretty sure she was holding on to them for some one else to go through. If I knew she was going to be a pain, I would just have taken the cases somewhere else and gone through them.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
If I knew she was going to be a pain, I would just have taken the cases somewhere else and gone through them.
I can confirm that at least one Wal-Mart employee in my area cherry-picks Hot Wheels cases. So, from now on, if I see a new case sitting out, I'm gonna go through it without asking permission. Way too many chase cars--in my area, anyway--go to store employees or people who pay off store employees.

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
tuesday night go into wallys.there is a nice stock person that works there sometime and he saw me comming.he say hey look what just came out.he opend all of the cases 6 total.i started going thought them getting what i wanted.one of the night mgts came up to me and said what are you doing.i told her i was buying HWs.she said you can not pull the cars out of the boxes only the employess can do that.i looked at her laughed and kept grabbing cars.than she said did you opne them ,i said not the stock person did and she ripped into him:rolleyes:anyway walked away with 54 cars 3 super torinos all for .50 each:thumbsup:funny how i can go to the food side and ripped open what i ever i see on the pallets there when i food shop and never have anyone say a word but so it in the toy isle with cars and holly cow it is a security breach.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Does any one ask may I any more?.How about the next time I am in your area I just walk in your house and use the bathroom?Don't worry on the way out I won't bother to thank you.Glad I don't collect mainline HotWheels.

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
Does any one ask may I any more?.How about the next time I am in your area I just walk in your house and use the bathroom?Don't worry on the way out I won't bother to thank you.Glad I don't collect mainline HotWheels.
:confused:where on here did you see anyone saying they just ripped into the cases with out asking.maybe nexted time read the responces before posting.i know in my post i said the stock person open the cases for me and in 20jk10 he asked and got told no so where did you see any one being rude and just doing what they wanted.

·
Registered
14,323 Posts
I think if the cases are already open, and you take it upon yourself to do a little stocking if they're is nobody around to ask - so long as you don't raid all the gold, you're doing them a service. But I suppose some places know a collector from twenty yards away and paint them all as a bunch of slobs, due to a handful that are. And then there are the occasional employee cherry pickers who resent you getting in on the goods before they do. But I don't know how common that is.

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
If they are off the pallet, i will open them every time, stock on floor to be sold is how i see it, now if you find 20 supers and keep them, thats a bit wromng, but open a case find a super and run off no harm no foul.

·
Registered
12,344 Posts
Walking into my house is trespassing. Selecting cars you want to buy is called purchasing. Which one is illegal?

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
tuesday night go into wallys.there is a nice stock person that works there sometime and he saw me comming.he say hey look what just came out.he opend all of the cases 6 total.i started going thought them getting what i wanted.one of the night mgts came up to me and said what are you doing.i told her i was buying HWs.she said you can not pull the cars out of the boxes only the employess can do that.i looked at her laughed and kept grabbing cars.than she said did you opne them ,i said not the stock person did and she ripped into him:rolleyes:anyway walked away with 54 cars 3 super torinos all for .50 each:thumbsup:funny how i can go to the food side and ripped open what i ever i see on the pallets there when i food shop and never have anyone say a word but so it in the toy isle with cars and holly cow it is a security breach.
I ripped into a hungry man box once and got handed my ass at wally, then i handed them thier ass, got a 25 dollar gift card, and got my hungry man's free, they were sitting in front of the cooler defrosting anyway.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Retails are middleman who purchase product for our wants & needs.... Where is the problem again :rolleyes: ???? ....

If I can buy direct then I would, but 99% of us can not so we have to rely on the Retailers to supply our wants & needs we live by :rolleyes:.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
if all else fails claim you're buying the entire case, if they tell you no, tell them kindly to try and pry them from your kung fu grip ;) ...........then just return them after you raid em

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
(then just return them after you raid em)
than that creates a bigger problem in the end.if you buy the case keep it,trade,sell or ROAK the cars you do not want.if you can'nt afford to buy a case than do'nt do it.to return 50 to 70+ cars is being white trash.you become no better than the dirt bags who buy alot of what they think will be hot and when they can not off load them they retun them months down the road clogging up the pegs so no new cars can be put out.

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
I've learned if there on the "Sales Floor" there gettin sold!!!!!!!:tongue:
Mr. John said it best. :thumbsup:

If I walk into WalMart during store hours, the store is open to the public. Merchandise on the sales floor is for the public to purchase without asking permission. In fact, the working philosphy of any retail establishment is to provide product for the public to purchase in order to make a profit (hopefully) and continue operations. BTW, I happen to know that WalMarts have bathrooms that you can use without asking permission - and it's perfectly acceptable! :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
For the first time I spotted a case of hot wheels on their cart with employees stocking another toy aisle. While looking through the pegs for the mars rover I noticed the employees had left.

It turns out the case was not unopened, so someone at this particular Walmart must be getting to them first. No mars rover but I grabbed the new batmobile and a couple of angry birds for a friend, all 2013 packaging. I put the ones I didn't want on the pegs.

I had already restocked and straightened their hot wheels rack, so why would the employees care? I didn't break down the empty box though.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
potatoe potato tomatoe tomato :rolleyes: it's still just a bunch of cars and the world isn't going to end if you return the ones you didn't want. :)

·
Registered
14,683 Posts
Walking into my house is trespassing. Selecting cars you want to buy is called purchasing. Which one is illegal?
Thanks for making that point, Mike. I agree.

When I worked in retail 40 years ago I was taught by my store manager that anything boxed and not stocked on the shelf was for sale to the customer. Period. Perhaps born to ride never worked in retail; he certainly ain't just waltzing into my home to pee...

:wave:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts