Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a trade lined up with someone over at the HWC and now I have been informed trading has been suspended because of issues.

It seems they were just posting picks of other peoples items and claiming they were their own.

·
Registered
490 Posts
kevinmtg said:
I had a trade lined up with someone over at the HWC and now I have been informed trading has been suspended because of issues.

It seems they were just posting picks of other peoples items and claiming they were their own.
Kevin,

Sorry to hear about it. Who is the HWC member (screen and real names)? It would help a lot to know who to watch out for.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Its amazing how many scammers are out there for toy collectibles !! Its as bad as all the wealthy Nigerian emailers , offering us thousands of dollars to 'temporarily' put their money in our savings accounts ... Far too many out there ...

·
Registered
107 Posts
One MAJOR "player/scammer" is "GoFastRacing" aka Thomas Barth. Some have seen my postings elsewhere on HT. This guy should write a book he's so full of "stories".
I didn't mind some of the miss. cars I sent him, but the 2 worth the most were a 1/24 John Force champ car and a 1/18 B&W Davey Allison he was going to send back to me ,but mysteriously got lost in the mail. He thinks most people are plain stupid, I mean anyone whose delt with UPS for any amout of time knows, when sending seperate boxes they will either.1.List a tracking number with 3 packages labeled 1-3 2-3 ect or give 3 seperate tracking numbers. They would NEVER give one tracking number and only put 1 package.
Just keep a heads up on your trades ect and if you run into trouble try and give the rest of us "Good" people a heads up so these scammers will get the hint and just dissapear and stop giving a bad rep to the rest.
God Speed..
GreyWolf

·
Registered
490 Posts
Kevin,

Can you please post the name/screen name of this person? I'm sorry to hear you've run into trouble with this clown ... and have seen you make identical posts on some of the other hobby boards about this issue ... but you haven't told us specifically who to watch out for. At least, this way, you'd be helping the rest of us to sniff out a rat and save further grief :thumbsup:.

Many thanks,
Adam (gr6120)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts