Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CTWLSMIKE sent me a pre-production '59 Impala! One of my favorite castings, and a pre-pro, too! Thanks!!

Interesting, the car is identical to the Chevy Thunder Release 3 Impala except the bumper has a black dots painted on it, and of course, TZ on the bottom.

·
Registered
10,980 Posts
Wyatt said:
CTWLSMIKE sent me a pre-production '59 Impala! One of my favorite castings, and a pre-pro, too! Thanks!!

Interesting, the car is identical to the Chevy Thunder Release 3 Impala except the bumper has a black dots painted on it, and of course, TZ on the bottom.
Ahem...Tap,tap.. Is this mike on?... Attention people of Hobbytalk....PLEASE POST PICTURES OF COOL CARS WHEN MENTIONING THEM ON THE BOARD....Thank you :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lpgeoteacher said:
Ahem...Tap,tap.. Is this mike on?... Attention people of Hobbytalk....PLEASE POST PICTURES OF COOL CARS WHEN MENTIONING THEM ON THE BOARD....Thank you :thumbsup:
I don't know how to post pictures.vvjijhgiiiiiigggjbjjjj. Sorry, my nose grew while I typed that and hit the keyboard.

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
Hey there Wyatt, glad it arrived in good shape. I meant to enclose a note with the car but of course I remembered after I had sealed the box, and I was too lazy to reopen it. :D

I received that car in my special circumstances dinner bag. It's not exactly to my collecting tastes, so I figured I'd keep my eyes open for a post by a member here that really would appreciate that casting.

Well as luck would have it, there was a question about what kind of test shot/prototype would you have liked to get in one of Boston Matt's 10 question threads. You replied '59 Impala, and I knew right then who was going to get it!

I'm glad you like it and I hope you enjoy it! Thanks again for all you do on your site. It's an invaluable resource. :wave:

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is currently one of my 5 favorite castings along with the '62 Bel Air (my absolute favorite), the '67 Chevelle, the '63 Galaxie, and the '55 post sedan. You definitely sent it to someone who will appreciate it and is very appreciative to have received such a special ROAK! Thanks again! My latest Ebay win is also a '59 Impala from the 2005 Lightning Fest. Had to have an extra, lol!

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
If it don't thrill, give it to someone it will :thumbsup:

Been there, done that and it feels great! Congrats to both of you! :hat:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts