Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a trade for two W/L Zingers both were higher end mopars thats why I did the trade. I get the "mint" cars and I see little dents on one no big deal take the other one out of the pro pak and I see lifting all around the blister and painted engine and pipes :( :mad: I let this person know this problem and asked me how I can tell so I tell him. I then ask what we can do to make this right I say give me another car or send back some of my items and I'll send back the fake I get this responce after all the yada yada stuff.
Hi Ed , Ive been out of town working and ill be gone for another3 months , i cought up with the guy i bought the zingersfrom , he said he pulled them out of a sealed case , so what can i say , i know him better than you , so you do what you want with them , as you got a better deal
So now what do i do take a road trip to get my stuff :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
Well for starters, I'd never deal with that person again. But before you jump in the car for a road trip/confrontation I'd suggest you take a minute to calm yourself (I say that cause I'd be pissed right about now). Did you do this trade through a website that has some form of recourse for bad deals?

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Lock & Load

Ed, this deadbeat knew what he was up to. ("...I'll be gone for another 3 months.") Yeah, in a pig's eye!!
Like Shawn said, use the proper channels in whatever forum you struck this deal. If you cannot get satisfaction, alert us collectors who to steer clear from!

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was done on the hot wheel site but he's on here also. Took PICs the blower top and pipes should be a milky white . I'm calm just pissed off I traded heavy I could have sold the hunts (I'm out of work) for the $$ or traded for real W/Ls the PIC of the Charger wasn't up close so I could't tell.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
It was done on the hot wheel site but he's on here also. Took PICs the blower top and pipes should be a milky white . I'm calm just pissed off I traded heavy I could have sold the hunts (I'm out of work) for the $$ or traded for real W/Ls the PIC of the Charger wasn't up close so I could't tell.
Sorry to hear the news..... Now you know why their wasn't a close up shot of the Charger.... I'd be pi$$ed..... If nothing good happens on your end with your deal ..... Post his name & ID screen name and we can smear his name across the Internet for others to stay clear of him.....

·
Registered
6,164 Posts
post the name so no one else gets burned.make sure you post his ID here and on the other site pluse the name of the other site he is on.

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
Sorry to hear the news..... Now you know why their wasn't a close up shot of the Charger.... I'd be pi$..... If nothing good happens on your end with your deal ..... Post his name & ID screen name and we can smear his name across the Internet for others to stay clear of him.....
Exactly..this fool knew what he was doing, and of course it came from a sealed case, a sealed case of Testor's model paint..

·
Stagger, stagger, crawl.
2,945 Posts
Post his name & ID screen name and we can smear his name across the Internet for others to stay clear of him.....

All cars come from a sealed case once! So that means exactly.......... bupkiss! Try going through the moderators of the site where the deal was made and if they can't help then post his name and id for all to see!

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
What's sad is many people who own WLs own fakes and are not aware of it..... Making fakes has been around for a very very long time in the diecast world as many like myself may have not liked what a Corp did to the car so we changed them. Re-packaging them came about in the late 70s when people were making their own Redlines out of the BWs and putting them back in the blister packs. Dammmm I am starting to feel old here in knowing this info. :lol: I stay far far far away from the WLs on eBay or any other sale board due to what I know in how to make them fake. Hardest part would be getting the older blister packs glued back to the card without any trace of tampering.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
The blister can be removed and reapplied with a simple use of acetone. I've been told that you simply lay an acetone soaked rag on the back of the card, wait a few minutes and simply pull it slowly off. When it's time to reapply, simply do it again. The guy who explained it to me had some nice customs he had done and repackaged for his own collection. I could not tell the package had been tampered with. As for fake whites there is no faking "white lightning" on the tires and there is no faking white tires and there is no reason to fake most white/int/base stuff as they are cheap. An expensive WL with motor/base as the traits may be one to stay away from. On ebay at least you have some recourse and could get your money back after a wait. That sucks Ed. Good luck getting it resolved.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
at the very least give us a heads up here as soon as possible as to the ID on this site and mark it as pending resolution so none of the members here get screwed in the meantime. give us a disclaimer if needed that you are working to resolve the issue and will update us to the status, but give us the benefit of a caution so we dont get screwed as well. a simple ID could suffice until you are to the point of no resolution then you can give us his name so he doesnt create an alt and screw again.

a Little "At your own Risk" heads up would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hay P was it the blue one? If it was I got it that was the one I wanted the trade was for the Sbird the Daytona and a Firebird then it went to just the Sbird then with Daytona then offered the firebird then sold it. He also has a problem with cap letters so I wnet off on him saying only my wife can yell at me so he said he has a hard time seeing the what he types :rolleyes: looked at his other post no caps Can i leave him Neg feedback here if the trade wasn't done here?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts