Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been waiting for this one one to arrive in stores. It is a gorgeous car. Looks like the same paint as the super 599xx

I had to grab 3 to mess around with. This is the first attempt. Didnt epoxy the base yet but it look much better.

Before

After

One of a few to come im sure.

·
Premium Member
9,247 Posts
Nice 2013 Dodge Viper SRT Find Congrats. And it Looks Nice Congrats.:wave::thumbsup:

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
Looks much better

If all HWs looked like this, I would collect more of em. :D
And more people probably would too. How much more would RR's on every car cost, versus how many more cars they could sell if they all came with RR's? Something to think about... Of course RR's aren't an option for track racers.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
I'm sorry but to me the originals look better.The RRs look like they belong on a lowrider impala.:eek:

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm sorry but to me the originals look better.The RRs look like they belong on a lowrider impala.:eek:
Tucked An dropped Torino to be exact. Lol. It does looks little off to because i hadnt trimmed the interior notches yet. I have been using a copper axle tube that i make and insert so that the car roll much better.
Im goin to make another one tonight with some blacked out rins an see how that looks. The rest o the car is much too pretty to waste on regular wheels

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Tucked An dropped Torino to be exact. Lol. It does looks little off to because i hadnt trimmed the interior notches yet. I have been using a copper axle tube that i make and insert so that the car roll much better.
Im goin to make another one tonight with some blacked out rins an see how that looks. The rest o the car is much too pretty to waste on regular wheels
Well yeah,maybe if the wheels were further in they would look better.The way the tires/wheels are now they reminded me of lowriders with the tiny white wall tires/wheels which stick out.Also maybe if the tires were black walls it may have helped too.:wave:

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Looks a lot better,hopefully they put this in some type of set with better wheels.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Heres one per a request from my buddy Scott who is a big viper guy. He wanted one for his favorites collection. I like this combo better too.

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
I agree that a lot of cars would look great with RR's on them but I'm sure that the cost, how ever small it is to Mattel, would be passed on to us and the car would almost certainly be well over a dollar per car.

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
I agree that a lot of cars would look great with RR's on them but I'm sure that the cost, how ever small it is to Mattel, would be passed on to us and the car would almost certainly be well over a dollar per car.
I'm just glad I can get a Super Hunt with RR's for a buck and change. That said, not every casting rolls very well with them. One that comes to mind is the C5 Corvette. I have one with factory Real Riders, it looks good, but barely rolls worth a hill of beans because the tires rub the front fenders.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts