Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And based on the "Sneak Peek", it was all worth it. ;)

Anyway, I can't believe it took me that long to join. Its free, but I'm lazy.

One of the questions they ask you while you're signing up is, "How long have you collected JADA TOYS?". The choices provided only go as far back as 2002.

This got me thinking...

Anyone remember a time before DUB CITY when JADA's 1/24 2000 Chevy S10s had shallow "saw blade" style rims? The only place you could find them was at swap meets and truck stops. I used to get my 1/64 Street Lows at a gas station named "Bubba's" for freak's sake.

Now its 2007 and I still get a "95 Treasure Hunt" kick out of finding JADA stuff. Isn't that weird?

I was born in the 70s and Matchbox could "fire it up" when I was a kid, but the Mattel era has been nothing but boring. And speaking of Mattel, I lost my modern Hot Wheels "buzz" years ago when the cars stopped looking like cars and more like the cheap prize in a Happy Meal. JL? Well, the WLs were fun, until their values bagan to fall below original retail. (I'll admit, the RC2 era looks promising.) But dammit, the JADA "high" seems to last forever. :dude:

Now, If I could just get them to release the W3 Homie Rollerz... :cool:

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
Its funny. When I was around 9 years old I prefered HW's to JL's because they were the more realistic of the two brands. My how times change.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts