Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I see some of my pictures are a bit blurry, but they should get the basic look across.

I looked at the Nosferatu contest entries of several months ago, and tried a painting style that I do not usually use. I sort of followed the paint job on the buildup I decided to emulate, but I still changed the colors a bit.

I think it came out pretty good, although the contrast between the base and the accessory parts to the base isn't very good. I wish I had done that differently, but not enough to make me pull the parts off and repaint them!

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Thats really cool. You know, I built my kit when it first came out but never painted it... until last week. I like some of your color choices - I followed the box and instructions very closely on mine.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Nice! I tend to be pretty dark and monochromatic in my monster builds, so its always nice for me to see some color on one! :thumbsup: Did you mask that red, or is it all freehand?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks everybody for looking!

I hand painted everything on the kit. I think I may have gone a bit too dark in some of the colors, but overall I think it looks really good and I am very pleased with how it turned out. I wanted to try something outside of my normal color and style choices, and I think it worked out well enough to give me the confidence to try more different things in the future.

I looked at the Nosferatu contest entries for inspiration. Here's the direct link to the page of pictures :
http://nightgallerykits.net/moegallery.htm

I forgot to mention that I filled in the 'cut-out' rear portion of the nameplate. I loved the idea of how it fit onto the base itself, but since there were so many extra accessories to the base I didn't want to over-crowd it. I also put a sheet of styrene across the back of the kit itself, as I have seen some others do. I think it really adds to the appearance of the finished model and will be doing this from now on in appropriate areas of kits I build, as long as I remember to do it!

Is it just me, or from certain angles does he slightly resemble Quark the Ferengi from Star Trek Deep Space Nine?

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
If I had one complaint about the kit it is the head is too large or looks too large. If the figure were more robust and not so thin, it would probably look normal. But with such a thin frame and normal size head, the kit head looks too big. The figure gets a bobble-head look.

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
That's pretty cool, Bruce. The skin tones and look have a really creepy feel to it. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Excellent work, and I especially like the detailing on the base, great color choices too. Very well done! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Kitz' :wave:

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for looking! Even my wife, a daughter and her boyfriend, really like the model. I'm glad I got it out and put it together.:)

I wanted to do a little more with veins and mottled skin tone, but my first attempt didn't work so I just went with my standard method of painting his skin, without making it look too healthy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts