Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I feel for track owners and race promoters. No matter what decision they make, someone will be upset. Things always change....... Tour is trying to unite classes. Changing technology is trying to split them, with the use of newer items dividing the existing class structures.
Just as it has always been the race promoters are faced with trying to control cost by splitting the classes for those willing to spend the funds and the ones wanting to race on funds they feel should be spent on a hobby.
Once again the business (yes it is a money making business) of RC oval racing faces losing on both sides, the racers who are unable to spend more on the equipment and those that are tired of always spending to keep up.
The hard core racers will say it is racing business. To many classes dilute the fun and it cost to play. Track owners say it is just a hobby and they just want business to keep the doors open for both. In the end neither side is growing.
In the past it was batteries and motors. Always having to upgrade or replace them every two to three months. Then it cost $150.00 to $200.00 three or more times a year. Today it is the electronics.
Track owners and organizations like Tour have a real tough time trying to find the common ground. Can it ever be found??? Will we racers ever let it be found??? Can the manufactures just live with status quo???
This is just my opinions
I could be wrong
It has happened before

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
I think racers in general are somewhat the problem but not on purpose. The nature of racing is to want to go faster as easy as possible. So if a new esc offers a little better lap times, that makes a guy who was slower a tick faster. The only problem is eventually everyone will have the same esc or motor and they slower racer will end up right back where he fits in.

People need to realize that a couple of weeks of being at a higher standing doesnt pay off. If everyone just stuck to there guns and stuck with a class, there wouldnt be any need to buy the new stuff. If i commit to a class i need to stick with what i got and determine a time to stick with it. If racers decide to commit to a particular class and not feel the need to change The classes will last a long time.

You dont see full size racers hopping all over every week. They stick with what the rules say. On the other side the clubs and organisations need to stick with rules. It is up to everyone to stop the weekly progression. Tracks think people wont rece because they dont give in but thats crap. I also think shops may depend on sales of new items. If no one needs to change they dont buy suff.

Everyone has always given in to the technology monster and it makes it grow. We dont need the stuff we choose to want it. Get your homework done and set up your car and go be faster. Your setup will get you further then a new esc will..

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I think racers in general are somewhat the problem but not on purpose. The nature of racing is to want to go faster as easy as possible. So if a new esc offers a little better lap times, that makes a guy who was slower a tick faster. The only problem is eventually everyone will have the same esc or motor and they slower racer will end up right back where he fits in.

People need to realize that a couple of weeks of being at a higher standing doesnt pay off. If everyone just stuck to there guns and stuck with a class, there wouldnt be any need to buy the new stuff. If i commit to a class i need to stick with what i got and determine a time to stick with it. If racers decide to commit to a particular class and not feel the need to change The classes will last a long time.

You dont see full size racers hopping all over every week. They stick with what the rules say. On the other side the clubs and organisations need to stick with rules. It is up to everyone to stop the weekly progression. Tracks think people wont rece because they dont give in but thats crap. I also think shops may depend on sales of new items. If no one needs to change they dont buy suff.

Everyone has always given in to the technology monster and it makes it grow. We dont need the stuff we choose to want it. Get your homework done and set up your car and go be faster. Your setup will get you further then a new esc will..
so true I buy more spring and shcok oil than ESC, batterys( thanks to lipo) I like to work on my set up and my driving( or lack of) to get faster I would rather see two big classes of differant car rather than 10 differant classes of cars with 5 or less car but track oweners dont want to turn away entries so they say run this car or what ever I dont care if I am firdt t or last just want to know where I stack up to other racers

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
All Tour had to do was not allow them untill next season case closed. All they were afraid of was making someone mad. Maybe by that time the will be avaiable to the public. I called and still being told March 2010.... Who really knows..

Ritchie Mac

·
Registered
42 Posts
Why do you think anyone would not have bought them if TOUR or ROAR had said NO!!!!! Neither org. banned them, Would you pay a fine if either fo these org sent you one for doing something wrong??? Would you gladly sit on the side line if they suppended you for not following their rules????
What would you be saying if you could get it in Jan??????

1 - 5 of 5 Posts