Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On these....Where do these white wheels on this #29 chevelle come from?What car does this top gear plate with the light bulb holder originate from???which ram truck is more common..chrome grill or flat black grill?and white 55 chevy..from where?

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
On the first 2 ?'s

I think the white rims are from later years of the MT's, which year the started I have no idea.

And the top plate w/light holder, I think these are the first flamethrower chassis where the bodies only had clear headlights to shine through, like the lighted tjets. After a couple years, Aurora went with building the bulb holder into the body to have the light come through the headlight brighter.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I would think that the light plate was Aurora/AFX line as Aurora never had the lights in the bodies as far as I know.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
The first time the white rims appeared in Aurora catalogs was 1976 and they were on the Capri (Funny Car/should be GT). They also show up a couple of years later on the lighted Monza GT (White and Green version). The light bulb holder was a design hold over from the Thunderjet Flamethrower line. They simply used the same riveted copper bracket on the AFX gear plate. The AFX Flamethrowers 1st gen (Porsche 917 and Ferrari 512M) had blacked-out windshields and nose cowls so the light went more to the clear headlights.

I never noticed the Dodge grills before. Guess I need to look at some of mine.

-Paul

1 - 9 of 9 Posts