Hobbyist Forums banner

I collected all 150 Dukes of Hazzard 1/144 cars

10K views 47 replies 27 participants last post by  BoDuke 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi guys. I lurk on this site a lot, but don't post often. I am a Dukes of Hazzard collector. I recently started a new website to show off my collection
For some time now I have been collecting the tiny Racing Champions 1/144 Dukes cars still in the package. They each come with a collector card behind them and they are each numbered. I got the bright idea to try to get all 150 cards.

Well, a ton of ebay transactions later, and a few from sellers on this site, I finally did it and now have all 150 collector cards still in the package with 150 tiny Dukes of Hazzard cars.

These things came out in 1997. For about twelve years I was content with just having all ten different cars. Then the idea popped into my head to care about the card numbers. Its been a bumpy ride, but now I have them all. It feels really good to complete this collection.

See less See more
#15 ·
It did always strike me as weird that there was so much Coy and Vance in these cards. There is no single shot of Bo, but Coy and Vance each get a close up. Dr. Ruebottom and Ms. Tizdale get their own cards, but not Bo, weird.
As far as which one was the most, they were priced so randomly, it was weird. There is one that was put on the card backwards (#14) it was a little more. There is also a three pack. It has a General, Daisy's Plymouth, and Cooter's Tow Truck in it. There is a varaint of the three pack that has the white Charger in it. It is the rarest of the whole line. I only have one of those. I have about six regular three packs.
"wait a minute" what exactly do you mean. Items that appeared on the show, or belonged to cast members? I was actually an extra in the movie and have some items from that. I also have a pair of "Daisy Dukes" from Catherine Bach. I have a lot of fun with this hobby.

#26 ·
The main goal is an actuall Charger. One day. But there is always things I don't have. I just got another bar of General Lee shaped soap from 1981 in the mail today. They are a ton of things I need. The record player, the tennis shoes. It is an never ending battle. There is a toy show here in Pittsburgh this weekend. Fingers crossed I find something new.

#28 ·
Hi guys. I lurk on this site a lot, but don't post often. I am a Dukes of Hazzard collector. I recently started a new website to show off my collection http://www.dukescollector.com
For some time now I have been collecting the tiny Racing Champions 1/144 Dukes cars still in the package. They each come with a collector card behind them and they are each numbered. I got the bright idea to try to get all 150 cards.

Well, a ton of ebay transactions later, and a few from sellers on this site, I finally did it and now have all 150 collector cards still in the package with 150 tiny Dukes of Hazzard cars.

These things came out in 1997. For about twelve years I was content with just having all ten different cars. Then the idea popped into my head to care about the card numbers. Its been a bumpy ride, but now I have them all. It feels really good to complete this collection.

I put together an interactive multimedia page displaying all 150 of them.
http://www.dukescollector.com/144.htm Its zoomable and you can look at each card. Let me know what you think.
It did always strike me as weird that there was so much Coy and Vance in these cards. There is no single shot of Bo, but Coy and Vance each get a close up. Dr. Ruebottom and Ms. Tizdale get their own cards, but not Bo, weird.
As far as which one was the most, they were priced so randomly, it was weird. There is one that was put on the card backwards (#14) it was a little more. There is also a three pack. It has a General, Daisy's Plymouth, and Cooter's Tow Truck in it. There is a varaint of the three pack that has the white Charger in it. It is the rarest of the whole line. I only have one of those. I have about six regular three packs.
"wait a minute" what exactly do you mean. Items that appeared on the show, or belonged to cast members? I was actually an extra in the movie and have some items from that. I also have a pair of "Daisy Dukes" from Catherine Bach. I have a lot of fun with this hobby.
Fantastic collection and congratulations on getting them all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.