Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is just too 60's for me to do that.

The customizer took the time to duplicate what was done to one side on the other so they match. I do question having a Sunoco decal on the windshield!

Yeah the wheel wells are poorly trimmed, but that's OK. Mine weren't always perfect either back then.

I like the Hot Rod axle with stock wheels and tires!

I have not yet taken the chassis off. I just oiled the armature hole and it runs great!

Marty - stuck in the 60's- Ruiz
Marysville, OH

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
I'm thinking that's just about perfect the way it is... :thumbsup:

--rick

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
"Hmmm, lets see....I have one decal sheet from the Hop-up
and only two cars. *shrugs* Seems a shame to waste them." :D

I like it also, though I probably would* sneak up on the left rear shark bite a tad.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I agree. That is just great. I like to think about the history of a piece like that. It was probably some kid's pride and joy. Maybe his best runner or just his favorite car. That car must have had a lot of fun miles on it. Nostalgic Dave.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I agree. That is just great. I like to think about the history of a piece like that. It was probably some kid's pride and joy. Maybe his best runner or just his favorite car. That car must have had a lot of fun miles on it. Nostalgic Dave.
Exactly!

Marty
Marysville, OH

·
LED Burner Outer
11,710 Posts
There's cases where stripping old decals is a give-in. This is not one of those cases!! No doubt that car was someone's pride and joy, and stripping it just ain't right!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
He went with Wynns Friction Proofing!

Marty
Marysville, OH
I think a little decal solvent or the solution they use to make decals seat and flatten wouldn't be at out of the question. Then a bit of future. Future is just enough shine, and provides a lot of protection.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts