Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought these off of Ebay and I have no clue why I cannot find any online. I was told they were a prototype for upcoming model, maybe, maybe not. I just can't find them online. Any help is appreciated, thanks.
Image (4).jpeg
Image (4).jpeg

·
Administrator
26,671 Posts
I vaguely remember another casting that used the same type of amber clear plastic for an exhaust pipe detail but cant find the information or thread at the moment.

What size or scale are these in comparison to a regular mainline Hot Wheels casting.

Did you aquuire them recently? A link to the ebay listing or a number might be helpful in identifying them.

·
BANNED
7,935 Posts
as MFR says, having a size comparison might help.
maybe a picture next to a recognizable Hot Wheel.
or next to a ruler or a dollar bill.
something to get size perspective

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
Pablodragon may have had it right with the Radical Rides, but those castings don't have an opening in the roof for the player to go.
Could they be a sort of prototype?
I am guessing the white stamps on that base is a date which is a different one that is on castings now.
A good question would be "what did the seller call them or say what they are?"

·
Administrator
26,671 Posts
I believe @Pablodragon has the origin down for all 3 casting designs from the 1998 NBA Radical Rides. I cant though find an image of any of them in the same color scheme. (The 'Hot Heap' above may now have a seat insert that the NBA casting design didnt have.)

The question as to them being prototypes would move forward in time for me as being potential future releases of them without the openings for the figures. (I dont recall ever seeing prototype information being machine printed though. It probably will not help but if there is more infomation on the Woody bases can you show a full image @long486 of them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts