Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,On Saturday I bought one.I got the Bandai Enterprise A,You now have a choice of a number of Enterprise class starships so Bandai has supplied a waterslide decal sheet and you apply the name of the Starship you want.Other changes the deflector is now clear blue and new box art and revised instructions.I will post a thread after I build one and mention any other changes I notice.I have a question,What did people think of the solution in the original Star Trek Movies of how the Enterprise was restored after the Enterprise was destroyed in Star Trek III by renaming another Starship USS Enterprise and Giving her the hull registry NCC-1701-A did people buy the solution of the Enterprise A as the original Enterprises replacement,Thanks,Guy Schlicter.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Guy Schlicter said:
Hi,On Saturday I bought one.I got the Bandai Enterprise A,You now have a choice of a number of Enterprise class starships so Bandai has supplied a waterslide decal sheet and you apply the name of the Starship you want.Other changes the deflector is now clear blue and new box art and revised instructions.I will post a thread after I build one and mention any other changes I notice.I have a question,What did people think of the solution in the original Star Trek Movies of how the Enterprise was restored after the Enterprise was destroyed in Star Trek III by renaming another Starship USS Enterprise and Giving her the hull registry NCC-1701-A did people buy the solution of the Enterprise A as the original Enterprises replacement,Thanks,Guy Schlicter.
To answer your question about the restoration of the Enterprise. I see it as the Enterprise having been destroyed....The name was ressurected in the following vessels A thru E but the refitted original....having been a home away from home for the main bridge crew and Scotty was lost. It just so happens that the next ship to bear the name was of the same class. I would have expected an Excelsior class to be the next to share the name as the "A" version but they had an extra Constitution class laying around.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,In the case of the Enterprise A it was no accident or not just because they had another Constitution class lying around.Captain Kirk and the USS Enterprise are a legend and Starfleet made a special effort to give Kirk a starship indentical to the Enterprise.The reality was it upset many fans of Star Trek that the Enterprise was destroyed in Star Trek III including me.Harve Bennett who was writing the Star Trek movies at the time knew this.When Star Trek IV was made this was his solution to restoring the Enterprise.I don't dislike the Enterprise A,its o.k. but its not the Original USS Enterprise, and the movies it was in excluding Star Trek V I enjoyed,Thanks,Guy Schlicter

1 - 4 of 4 Posts