Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Mustang Collector
4,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my chance to flame a bit. I am so tired of sellers on the bay. I ordered this car for a reasonable price. Imagine my dismay when it showed up like this. Whoever heard of a car with a white chassis. Also the car in the photocard is red. ;)

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Ooooh, a wise guy eh??? Why I aughta..... :p Nice score, Brad. Still have a problem with those skinny little tires though. I just picked up the regular version at our local TRU and wheel swap surgery has been scheduled... :wave:

·
Mustang Collector
4,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I noticed those tires as soon as I looked at this thing. They are perhaps the worst tires I have ever seen on a JL. They are too small for the axles and do not look right from the side view at all.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Puppycat said:
I noticed those tires as soon as I looked at this thing. They are perhaps the worst tires I have ever seen on a JL. They are too small for the axles and do not look right from the side view at all.
Yes, they are definitely the wrong shoes for this horse. I haven't taken mine out of the package yet but from the looks of them they aren't independent hubs either. They look like "live" axles ala the Greenlight cars, which would necessitate complete disassembly for the wheel swap.... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Those overly skinny tires swap out just like other JL rubber tires . Not sure if those are the ones with the smaller hub too - the regular tires fit a bit loose on them ..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts