Hobbyist Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
John P said:
Okay, it's after lunch now;

GOD, I hope this thread isn't a eulogy!
Much better! Now repeat after me: "God grant me the serenity not to beat the living s### out of these sarcastic bast##ds..."

·
Starship Class
12,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Trek Ace said:
The Enterprise has balls, too. Well, the original TV production version, anyway. :)
The original 1701 is an amalgam of sexual imagery. Maybe that's why some of us like it so much? :confused:

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
So the larger pilot version of the bridge was just a little cold?

·
Starship Class
12,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
beeblebrox said:
So the larger pilot version of the bridge was just a little cold?
:lol:

:thumbsup: The pilot version nacelle caps were even colder.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
i'm happy that a model company had the vision to reach out to the horror /scifi end of the modelling spectrum .
one could see that there was a market developing with the advent of companys such as Screamin' , Billiken , Geometric , Comet Miniatures ,etc .
i'd been collecting Auroras and other figure kits for years but there were some that i'd written off for my collection due to the rarity and price .
but along comes PL and now i have that Go Cart , Munster's Living Room and ... well , you get the idea . and ya can build 'em and bash 'em too ( somethin' ya probably would think twice about if ya had spent 500 + $ on an original ) .
and i really like their original takes on the Phantom , new Mummy , 'Zilla
. just wish they had continued the classic horror line there .
hb

·
Starship Class
12,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
beck said:
. . and i really like their original takes on the Phantom , new Mummy , 'Zilla
. just wish they had continued the classic horror line there .
hb
Yep! I liked their original sculpts even more than the repops. I'm hoping they'll do some more figure kits soon -- of ANY kind.

·
Starship Class
12,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Yeah. Gotcha! I wouldn't even want a 'Pac-Man' model kit. :freak:

·
Registered
25 Posts
They are a class act. They make sure the consumers have access to any corrections to the instructions, and the decals are top-notch. I have high hopes for their continued quality.
Brian Willard

·
Registered
723 Posts
I am happy with polar lights because after I tried to build a nice TOS E many years ago with the crappy AMT version (and failed), I vowed to never build another TOS E ever again. polar Lights has changed my view of the TOS ship, and makes me want to build more than the 1 PL TOS I have built so far....

Plus of course, the whole 1/350 Refit E thing makes me pretty damn happy too.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
PL ..Pros and a few cons

I cannot agree MORE that Polar lights is a FANTASTIC company!!..They seemed to be VERY responsive to thier customers requests from thier inception, and all the great Aurora reissues they brought out STILL amaze me and bring me HOURS of fun and great memories..I NEVER ever thought I would go into a hobby shop and see an Aurora 420 (cyclops & chariot LIS).sitting on a shelf, and NOT have to get a second mortguage to own it..NOR did I ever think a classic Lost in Space Jupiter 2 Model kit would see the light of day, after so many years..I was also very happy to see all the Irwin Allen kits reissued, as that was one of my MAIN dreams come true..However, with thier sale, I must confess I DO feel that PL may SINK into the same "mold" (pardon the pun) of the other mainstream model companies, with just cars and again, mainstream subjects which I always ignored on the shelves.. I still think they could have re-issued MORE great kits by Aurora and thier own original subjects..But I feel now that PL's hands may BE "Tied" by thier new mother company..I am hoping that is not so, but should they
Close tomorrow..They STILL fulfilled ALL MY DREAMS!!..but again..what put POLAR LIGHTS "on the map" originally WAS : "Aurora reissues"..& I think towards the end of thier own ownership..they were beginning to lose sight of that fact..Of course they could NOT live on re-issues alone..but again , there were still a few MORE that they could have taken a chance on, like Aurora did..with the incredibly LOW cost of mold making that they get charged from China...any projects were virtually guaranteed to make money for them..

21 - 36 of 36 Posts