Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yes, I have been thinking about it long and hard. I just don't enjoy it as much anymore, with the buyout, the people I have come to know loosing thier jobs and wondering if the whole program is gonna be tarnished by RC2. That and the fact that it is almost impossible to get everyone. I get to the point where I only need 3 or 4 more and then the BWFs comes out and is $300.00+, although it dropped to the $200.00 range. But I think the WIld Weekend Camaro Zinger WL may be the Icing on the Cake to my COMING OUT party. If I do get out, I will continue to collect 1st Generation Camaros as long as the quality is good, but not the WLs. If I decide to get rid of them, I will have 100+ '67, '68 and '69 Camaro White Lightnings at Fest.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
H-L, I've dumped all my Firebird Whites except for the two cars(72 and 73) for obvious reasons. Too much hassle, and I enjoy opening up all the Firebirds and displaying them.
Really though it is up to you on what you do. Do they bring you pleasure when ogling them? Or do the regular issues do just the same.
I will admit, I don't miss all the whites. I really began to enjoy the regulars much more.
Your call, my opinion(not that you asked) but felt compelled to let you know what I thought on my decision.
Good Luck
Chris

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
My opinion is that if you feel you ABSOLUTELY HAVE to have every 1st gen. camaro WL, then it will continue to be more of a burden than a jolly hunting spree, and I wouldn't continue. To me, the money and burden of obtaining every WL is just too much and, like Chris, I am happy with the regulars.

But as far as selling your WL's, I personally wouldn't. Who knows, the RC2 buyout could make them more valuable to you knowing that they were made under PM and not RC2, and plus, you have some sweet Camaros(White Castle, for example) that are cool to look at, and such. And if you do sell SOME, keep the ones that mean the most to you.

Best of Luck to ya!
Steve

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
hoosier-lightning said:
Yes, I have been thinking about it long and hard. I just don't enjoy it as much anymore, with the buyout, the people I have come to know loosing thier jobs and wondering if the whole program is gonna be tarnished by RC2. That and the fact that it is almost impossible to get everyone. I get to the point where I only need 3 or 4 more and then the BWFs comes out and is $300.00+, although it dropped to the $200.00 range. But I think the WIld Weekend Camaro Zinger WL may be the Icing on the Cake to my COMING OUT party. If I do get out, I will continue to collect 1st Generation Camaros as long as the quality is good, but not the WLs. If I decide to get rid of them, I will have 100+ '67, '68 and '69 Camaro White Lightnings at Fest.
Shane

Buy regs only....it's a lot more fun. What does the buyout have to do with this? A much bigger company in town (Robert Bosch) is closing it doors and slicing jobs. Up to 500 and my wife worked there. They made many parts on my car. I still plan to use those brakes on the way home from work. She found another job two days later. Most of the people I know from PM already have made other arrangements. Just a handful left and with their talent I'm sure it will be no time before they are workin' for the man again.

RC2 tarnish things? Again, when I was there last week and saw all the upcoming castings, there is NO shortage of killer stuff coming. I myself was far more unhappy with where PM was heading. With the series pics posted today I see things getting back on track......far from tarnished. Now, I was no fan of CITH, Hulk and the stalling and dropping of other series so my opinion is jaded.

What WW did should not cause people to lose sleep. Unless you are a fanatic completist NOBODY can complete a set(s) when numbers like this are done. If this is the mindset of most, I PREDICT THAT THE DAY AFTER FEST, SUPERDUTY 455 WILL BECOME THE MOST IMPORTANT MAN IN THE HISTORY OF JL DIE-CAST because he will have a small monopoly of a certain car. There is also special cars done ALL the time at PM that most people don't know about. To keep up with it is really impossible.

I say bring the WL cars to Fest, donate them to the charity auction, clear your head and have fun.;)

Mark

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
I haven't been at it quite as long as some of you, I was a late convert from another brand. However, I only collected certain castings, Camaros, Vipers, Cobras, Firebirds, and Mustangs. I set out with the intention of collecting as many as I could, but never made it my goal to get every single one. That's just not realistic to me.

There's only a couple camaros I am still looking for (CG 22 '67 and a certain White Castle) and I will consider my prior releases complete. There are some Camaros I chose not to obtain for different reasons. The Monopoly '69 and the KB Toppers are three. Too expensive and elusive. The Pro Streets. Don't do anything for me. The WWW III Zingers, Lexmark, and Toy Cars & Models, too much to invest and they aren't really the essence of a true production car anyway to me.

As for new releases, trying to be very selective. Regular issues are just fine, and WL versions are icing on the cake, if attainable within reason. I'm getting a bit exhausted of laying out the money for the cars I can't find myself. Doesn't seem to be much point in getting these WL versions when I know that some of the very people I'm supporting are the ones that I loathe the most, and how some of them were obtained.

As for the Company turnover, that's an extremely tough call. I don't have the more personal ties to PM that many of you had. I admire the loyalty and feelings towards those folks. I hope that they are successful in the future, and I am sure that they will be. If they are as good as I have read, they will have no problem landing on their feet in other ventures.

With the quality, that remains to be seen. I will support the cars as long as they are good and what we've come to expect in product is maintained or improved. If the product is compromised, we'll just have to find other ways to spend our money.

·
Banned
8,047 Posts
Actually I've been contemplating doing the same with my Camaro WLs. When the new Camaros come out, like the CG 22 67 and the MT 98 SS the WLs just don't show up. When they FINALLY do then the prices are even worse. The new Zinger Camaro WLs with rubber tires will be very expensive. One of the new releases coming soon has two Camaros and one Firebird. The new TRU exclusive Firebirds coming out may have WLs in rubber and hard tire. The rubber tire ones won't be cheap. I'm gonna sit for a while and probably back of the Camaro WLs. They just don't make as many Firebirds so I just may stick with them. Getting the rubber tire WLs with 10% of the 1-3%(just 1% of 15K total produced = 150 total WLs and 10% of those 150 =15 and even IF WL production was 3% then the ruber tire ones would only be 45) is very difficult. I have been very very lucky to get the orange with flames, the red and even the green Zinger Firebirds with rubber tires in WL. Actually got two of the green one. I'm guessing many feel this way about the Camaro WLs.

R

·
0 Posts
MARKHOS said:
I PREDICT THAT THE DAY AFTER FEST, SUPERDUTY 455 WILL BECOME THE MOST IMPORTANT MAN IN THE HISTORY OF JL DIE-CAST because he will have a small monopoly of a certain car.
Mark

Is it white with a little birdie??????

·
Banned
2,477 Posts
you wont sell them,,,,,,,,,,,i got a better idea!!

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
Ok.
Can I ask a question? What happened with this "WW Zinger" car Shane is refering to? What is the deal on this? Was this some exclusive?
Is this the new "Rear Load Beach Bomb"?
I'm curious...

Does HW Amy have anything to do with this? :D

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Shane sell em all

to me at retail. JK I've actually thinned out my collection it just became to hard to aquire all the ones on my wish list.

·
Registered
971 Posts
hoosier-lightning said:
Im with you dude, we could have one helluva room set up. Peace

1 - 17 of 17 Posts