Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across this Hyperliner in a 10-pack:

It looked a bit goofy, so I did some searching in the southtexasdiecast.com guide. I didn't see the exact same version listed, but it does seem to be assembled from a combination of parts:
- White base and purple wheels from "2003 Yu-Gi-Oh 3-Pk"
- Black body and "7" tampos from "2007 Pop-Offs Series"
- "S.W.A.T." and "Hot Wheels" tampos from "2003 Roll Patrol"
The body does not pop off the chassis.

Does anyone have any ideas what this Hyperliner could be and where it came from?

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
Looks like someone swapped it out and returned it.

everyone knows the body comes off on these, so hard would it be to pop the top off the swat van (which also had a black body) and stick it on an old Yu-Gi-Oh chassis...

...and 5 and 10 packs are very easy to open up and re-seal

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pablodragon said:
Looks like someone swapped it out and returned it.

everyone knows the body comes off on these, so hard would it be to pop the top off the swat van (which also had a black body) and stick it on an old Yu-Gi-Oh chassis...

...and 5 and 10 packs are very easy to open up and re-seal
I don't it's that simple.
1. The body does not come off easily as it does with other Huperliners - it's seemingly sealed shut!
2. The tampos are also a combination of two different versions.

I suppose it'll remain a mystery :freak:

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, I think I've got this mystery solved. :cool: It's a base from one car, a body from a second car, and glass from a third car!

Highly doubtful it came from a factory that way, unless it was a shift right after the company Christmas party :hat:

So, seems that there is "Dr. Frankenliner" in the area with bizarre fetishes who is returning his failed creations. I think I can hear his maniacal laughter (interspersed with high-pitched pre-pubescent squeals) as he creates "custom" after "custom" to show off to his buddies in the "Three Stooges School for the Gifted" over tater tots at lunch time.

Now comes the important question: WHY? :confused: (This is a rhetorical question; I do not particularly care about this or other HW's unique creations, it's just thing looked goofy and I wanted to get to the bottom of it)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts