Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems that Hyperdrive has the most popular and successful car out there. I noticed from their website that they use the asociated front end. What are the different performance enhancing features between the two cars? I'm hoping to hear what actual characteristics make the hyperdrive a faster car, not just "Hyperdrive is the best".

Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,569 Posts
The Hyperdrive is a more advance car than the assosiated box stock. It's more tunable and the guys that build them really do give excellent costomer support!

·
Registered
923 Posts
The biggest difference is that you can move the front end mounting position left or right to tune for diffent tracks.Also geometry differences in the center and side shock mounting in the rear.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How?

I'm not questioning that, nor am I trying to start a flame war... but as someone just getting back in, how is it better? what makes it more tunable and handle better?

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
every pan car uses an asocitated front end.. the parts are universal... most cars just use a different chassis geometry... both cars work well...

·
Registered
904 Posts
All the cars out there right now are the same. One is no better than another, some are easier to use, some cars are easier to make work than others at some tracks... but they all have the same front end, the same general idea. An L40 can be just as good as a Hyperdrive, and a Hyperdrive can be just good as any other car.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The L3O and L4O are basically the same exact car with the L4O having an slideable battery tray. And as somoene said earlier, I've seen AE's beat HD's and vice versa. A good driver can make just about any car work. :)

The stock HD has some adjustments built into it that a stock AE does not. The HD has ways to adjust front end width. The HD has a center shock mount that has choices of height. If I'm not mistaken, they also have a simillar setup for the side shocks. There are some other things, but an AE can have these same adjustments if the right upgrades are purchased.

Chris

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
The rear pod is longer on the HD. Side shock height is differant too. All adding to differant geometry. Also, where the chassis flex's is in a differant spot. Stick with your L3O untill you out grow it. :)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks!

Thanks for the comparision info guys. I bought the L30 to race at a local isolated track, then noticed that they were almost completely absent from the big races. I wanted to make sure what I had wasn't going to leave me out in left field.

gezer, That is exaclt what I plan to do! I'm going to run the L30 and learn it this winter and spring before hopefully travelling a bit to do some more serious racing next summer.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Q-ball don't forget that as you relearn setups and driving that the L3O CAN be upgraded with so many differant aftermarket parts it's mind blowing. The L3O/4O is a great place to start, I seem to always go back to them from time to time because the other chassis' can get overwelming and the L series can reteach the simple things that we tend to forget. No matter what chassis, don't forget setup is King. Right now I run an HD Adrenaline, but sometimes I wish I had a more standard chassis, but I improve it so much every week that I just can't give it up.

Sorry for my blithering, JUST HAVE FUN man.

Chad O

1 - 12 of 12 Posts