Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i've ben running my Blackwidow for a lil while now and its dialed in awsome. but im looking for just a lil more. i've ben looking atthe Hyperdrive HK-7300T slider chassis and a gen 3. not sure which way to go. im leaning twards the hyperdrive but not totally sure. (im an off raod racer befor i discovered the oval)

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Hyperdrive and ksg are both good choices. If you go with HyperDrive you should get the pro 4. It's there new car. I myself run the gen 3. It's also a good car. It's all about the set up!

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
You will get 100 diff answers on this one. They are both great cars, and you cannot go wrong with either one. They have both won some very big events. Like Dpreston said it is all about setup.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Go Blue...just to contradict Shane.

Actually, if you are buying a new kit and starting from scratch, Hyperdrive's Pro4 includes all their goodies (Tamiya Center Shock, Silva Sides, milled steering blocks, R5 front end bits) in the kit price of $350. The KSG comes with the old associated shocks and original front end bits for $370. There's at least $100 worth of extra goodies in the Hyperdrive for even slightly less, so thats good if you're starting from scratch or on a budget.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
the real question is what and who can support you at the track ..... So for me its all about the KSG , both will work just a matter of whos doing hte wrenching..

ROCKET

·
Registered
4,277 Posts

Actually, if you are buying a new kit and starting from scratch, Hyperdrive's Pro4 includes all their goodies (Tamiya Center Shock, Silva Sides, milled steering blocks, R5 front end bits) in the kit price of $350. The KSG comes with the old associated shocks and original front end bits for $370. There's at least $100 worth of extra goodies in the Hyperdrive for even slightly less, so thats good if you're starting from scratch or on a budget.
If we are talking on a budget for a nice car get a R5 from tower with the 60 off 300 spent you get it for 245 to your door and guys are running them with great results.

Just a thought

Jake

·
Registered
1,361 Posts

No respect, none:wave:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it looks like hyperdrive is the way to go. Cbear3 berings up some good points but i think it'll be easer to set up the hyperdrive. its a lil closer to what im use to. im gonna strip my black widow clean and start over from scratch. im thinkig about running the Snowbird Nationals this year too.i might just hold off till after the nats too cause i have my car doing exactly what i want it to do. Go fast and handle. but it will be for sale after the nats. not sure if ima keep it for back up or sell it depending on how much i get offered.

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
go blue R50

·
Registered
523 Posts
Go with what is supported at your local track. I will be the first to say you can not go wrong with either car. You can also add IRS, Silva Concepts, Associated to that list.

Thanks
Barry

·
Premium Member
8,569 Posts
KSG or Hyperdrive? You can't go wrong either way. Lot's of good drivers out there on both willing to help you out.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
There both great cars as are many others on the market. For someone just starting out in oval the best thing to run is what your friends/fellow racers are running.... Nothing beats having someone to share Ideas/Setups/Parts with That will get you up to Speed Faster than any particular chassis/speedo/tires/battery etc.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts