Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped by one of my local Walgreens to pick up some meds today. Picked up 3 hot wheels along the way......

Got to the register, hot wheels rang up at 32 cents each. Girl said they were on clearance. Not sure if they really were. The tag said 2 for 2 (nothing major there). Might be worth a check. Got a TH, 2 new camaros, about 10 mystery cars (which when opened were great) plus some cool mainline cars.

Good luck finding the deal.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice! What mystery cars were they?
I got 3 vettes, 3 new mustangs, 1 rigor motor? (looks like a coffin), 1 gangster grin, 1 40 ford convertible, 2 dodge concepts and a blue thing.

I had never seen the vette, the ganster grin, the ford or the rigor.

I went to another Walgreens today and they weren't the 32 cent price.

I thought about buying a few more just to try my hand at customizing them, but don't even know where to start.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I got 3 vettes, 3 new mustangs, 1 rigor motor? (looks like a coffin), 1 gangster grin, 1 40 ford convertible, 2 dodge concepts and a blue thing.

I had never seen the vette, the ganster grin, the ford or the rigor.

I went to another Walgreens today and they weren't the 32 cent price.

I thought about buying a few more just to try my hand at customizing them, but don't even know where to start.
Just jump right in! We'd be more than happy to have you on the customs board. If I can't answer any questions you may have I'm sure somebody there will.

I use Dremel tool to drill out the rivits (they aren't really rivits), put the body in some stripper to take off the factory paint, decide on which wheels I want to use (some nice rubber), if I want to paint it, etc.

I just did my Rigor Motors up for Halloween:

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Just jump right in! We'd be more than happy to have you on the customs board. If I can't answer any questions you may have I'm sure somebody there will.

I use Dremel tool to drill out the rivits (they aren't really rivits), put the body in some stripper to take off the factory paint, decide on which wheels I want to use (some nice rubber), if I want to paint it, etc.

I just did my Rigor Motors up for Halloween:

Thanks for the offer of help. I have seen some of your cars and they look really cool. I have some customs, but only ones i have purchased. I am sure I can come up with cool designs for paint, or wheels, but my problem is patience....and usually time. What do you use to put the car back together when done? And, is this something that can be done inside the home? (I am thinking about mess here).

And right now, I am on the fence about even keeping my collection. Really want to get another motorcycle or finish paying off my credit cards. Actually a harder decision than I thought it would be. But maybe customizing would help me hold my interest.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thought I would post a pic of some of the 32 cent cars I picked up.

Got two of these: one of these may become a custom. I have some ideas.

1 of these

2 of these

1 of these, it has a chrome interior which is pretty cool

And all these mystery cars.

I got a bunch of other cars, but they were not as cool as these. I like the rigor motor the best of all these. I bought about 30 cars total.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was stoked to get the Batmobile at the dollar store. I had my eye out for that one.
I don't blame ya. I already have one, but for 32 cents, why not have 2. I will be checking some local dollar stores and other walgreens this weekend. I may even go over to Daytona and do some searching.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts