Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
All my local TRU's have stopped restocking the pegs b/c of scalpers. The new HW policy is to sell HW's by the case only for all the latest cars. I personally like TRU's new policy. I too am tired of seeing the pegs stripped of any valuable HW's. There are only so many Swoopy Do's you can look at before saying " f--- it" and going home..haha.

There is one down side though..the less time HW scalpers spend picking the HW pegs=more time at the JL pegs

What do you guys think of this new policy?

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Explains why I haven't seen much of anything on the pegs at some of the local stores.

Is this a recently new policy, and is it supposed to be everywhere? I've tried buying a case at 2 different stores in the past and was told they don't sell cases.

Personally, I'm usually all for trying to keep things out of the scalper' hands, but I'm not interested in buying a case just to get a few of the new or hard to find cars. Unless you've got a bunch of receipts, you won't be able to return the ones you don't want.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
if this really is tru's new policy i think it sucks.just makes one less place to go looking. i dont like the scalpers either but i still like looking for the newer cars. sometimes you get lucky and the scalpers miss stuff. i cant afford to buy a case just to find a few cars but i bet the scalpers can. it wont stop them from getting anything,it will just cost them a little more. the'll just raise the price on ebay and at the flea markets.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do not know if this is a nationwide policy, but the three in my immediate area have started this. Maybe it is just area specific (Southern California..aka. Scalper Heaven).

G

·
I would just really hate to see WalMart lose all its competition... that would allow them to set the prices as high as they wanted

1 - 9 of 9 Posts