Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp, now live and running until Thursday, September 23rd! Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
37,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Beginning in 2011, Hot Wheels Collectors.com began releasing replicas of the "The Original 16" Hot Wheels issued in 1968 by Mattel to their Redline Club Members. Each of these castings were issued on replica blister cards with a replica collectors button and packaged inside an additional black display box.

The first two castings released in 2011 were the Custom Fleetside and the Custom Volkswagen.

In 2012, the Hot Heap and Beatnik Bandit were released.

In 2013, the Custom Mustang and Custom Camaro were released.

No additional castings were issued in 2014.

In 2015, the Ford J Car and Deora were issued.

No additonal castings were issued in 2016.

No additional castings have been issued in 2017 to date.

Information Resources:

Hot Wheels Collectors: Collectible & Rare Hot Wheels for Collectors

HotWheelsCollectors.com Original 16 | Hot Wheels Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia

·
Administrator
37,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good to see you back posting. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,379 Posts
Love this concept of the re-issue with the original castings.... unlike the newer 50th anniversary offerings that are not the original castings that is going to the mass marketing of regular stores.

But you really have to be a dedicated long time RLC member with some money to get all of these.

do love this shot of them from the recent nationals show...

·
Premium Member
9,811 Posts
Those are awesome sweet 16 car's. :thumbsup: The only way I will be able to get any of these is if somebody is selling these for a good price at a car show or at a toy show or at the flea market. Otherwise I won't be able to get these because I'm not a redline club member. So I will just focus on the ones coming to the store's. :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts