Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my 5-pack today... I do think this Karmin Ghia would have been a better selection instead of 2 VW Golfs...

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
You'll likely never see that casting in any regular offering again. It is forever relegated to special/adult collectible series. I think that the production cost associated with the kg is just too high to price it at a dollar.

·
Registered
8,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You'll likely never see that casting in any regular offering again. It is forever relegated to special/adult collectible series. I think that the production cost associated with the kg is just too high to price it at a dollar.
WOW... That's very interesting to know... It sounds logical to me... I found very few when it was offered in the main line... I did see more of it in the Classics line for 3 bucks or more !!!
Thanks for the input !!!

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
I'll tell you, though, I don't know what the costs are related to the KG that make it non-viable for the mainline. There were other cars that seem very complex that continue to make appearances in the regular lineup. It's also interesting that Phil Riehlman seems to be responsible for quite a few of these "expensive-to-produce" designs. I wonder if they were designed with the special series in mind and use the mainline to introduce them to collectors. Hmmmm...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts