Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a view of steps cutting away the flames on the roof and scroll cutting in the hood,. out of this beautiful legends Cadillac. I hope I don't offend anyone for cutting up a $30 car. This casting used to bring 25-30 $$$ on eBay. Now you can't get 10 $$'s for it. But I don't hold too many cars too sacred for the customization block any way. Maybe mint redlines, Mint green machines, Mint WLs etc.:rolleyes: Vernon (The outlaw)::wave:

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
HOLY COW!!!!! awesome cuts man!!!!!
$30...$10 car...$100 car...it's only worth what someone will pay for it anyway...i bet with those cuts you could practically get......yeah you know, whatever you want for it...
it looks great so far, keep us updated please!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

I've got it on eBay right now for a high price of $190.00. High! only because of market reality. not labor wise. I see some of these customizers on eBay get $250.00-450.00 for customs that sometimes really are not customs, other than the fact that they have really cool graphic designs that are really computer generated decals laminated on cars with high gloss automotive paint. They are beautiful but lacks in any fabrication skills and detail. I was hoping that I could snag a few of those customers.
If the car doesn't move, I will probably be dropping the price down $120.00 -150.00 and the car should move with no problem. As of today I have had over 100 people look at it in a week and currently have multiple people watching it, so who knows. There is no rhyme or reason to what happens on the bay. Thanks for the reality check and the compliment on the flames, I will probably be doing more in the near future because I love the challenge and the hobby end of it.

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
WOW! Great work! How are you cutting it? Dremel or scroll saw?

Good luck on the sale. I know the high dollar customs you are talking about. The same stuff with high prices has been up far a long time. :beatdeadhorse:
Have fun with it. :dude:

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tool used to cut out top

Sorry concreatepumper I did see your question at the beginning of you comment. Dremel with special bits
WOW! Great work! How are you cutting it? Dremel or scroll saw?

Good luck on the sale. I know the high dollar customs you are talking about. The same stuff with high prices has been up far a long time. :beatdeadhorse:
Have fun with it. :dude:

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
heh!, like i said, i bet you'll get what you want for it...those cuts really ARE awesome...and with a dremel no less...geeze!1

i mean i's all i can do to keep my rotary tools from running off the mark over my thumb and dragging me up the wall like the pink panther and the circular saw bit (face palm) :lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
i mean i's all i can do to keep my rotary tools from running off the mark over my thumb and dragging me up the wall like the pink panther and the circular saw bit (face palm) :lol::lol::lol:
That's a great visual.

Got up this AM about 4:30 'cause a guitar lick woke me. Heard a whurring sound coming out of the work room. I can hardly hear directions anymore so I had to walk back and forth to track the noise down. Thought the computer was fritzing out. Looked down in the open desk drawer. The Dremel was setting on the edge slowly rotating.......Hate to see my electric bill this month.

OD that is some good cutting. That's something I've not tried. Rotators obviously give me trouble. Even when I grind headlamp buckets I ALWAYS scare something up. It happens so freekin quick. J&B is such a life saver.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
GMC Stretch articulating front wheels (Turning front wheels)

Here is some sneak peeks of the stretch GMC. The pictures are out of order. I had to cut away enough chassis to accept the for the original fat tires and wheels. I made a upper and lower K-member to handle the spindles that I hand fabricated. Making the spindles allowed me to drill the wheel placement holes anywhere I wanted, thus allowing me to have control of the height of the front end, so I made it lowered. The left & right spindles are connected by Stiff wire to be used as a tie rod. I need to come up with a way to keep it from falling off when turned upside down though. May be some small rubber bushings (like the king GL used for their front wheel spacers), or I can put a small ball of soldier on the ends. If some one has a cool Idea, I am up for suggestions on this one. Help is always appreciated. I will be filling in the center wheel wells and make this only a single rear axle. I am still contemplating if I am going to be making rear open doors or not. Enjoy the picks. Any questions and comments are appreciated

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
That's a great visual.

Got up this AM about 4:30 'cause a guitar lick woke me. Heard a whurring sound coming out of the work room. I can hardly hear directions anymore so I had to walk back and forth to track the noise down. Thought the computer was fritzing out. Looked down in the open desk drawer. The Dremel was setting on the edge slowly rotating.......Hate to see my electric bill this month.

OD that is some good cutting. That's something I've not tried. Rotators obviously give me trouble. Even when I grind headlamp buckets I ALWAYS scare something up. It happens so freekin quick. J&B is such a life saver.
OMG Hoot...that iz too:lol::jest::lol:

OCD that front end work is fantastic...i'd go with the solder or jb weld to keep it all together...

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Man! What are you thinking!!??!! Cutting up a $10.00 car to make an awesome custom, the likes of which I have never seen before? JK. You have an awesome eye and a huge amount of talent. These truly are customs. Wild stuff.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts