Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out to dinner tonight (like thats an unusual thing for us! :rolleyes:) and the wife decided to stop at Wally World before going home. Didn't see much in the HW mainline side (but I did pick up a Classic Packard TH). Started to head to the JL to see if there was anything new when my bride called me back to look at a '55 panel. Lo and behold there was nearly a whole case of the Delivery
trucks sitting there! So after consulting my pocketbook (good thing yesterday was payday!) I walked out with this...

LOL I did try and give the TH to a kid about 6 or 7 years old picking out a few cars, but the Mom said he'd rather play with the cars than collect them. I tried to talk her into buying it and saving it for him for later, but I found it back on the shelf after that...eh, what can ya do?

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
WTG, I picked these up in the Store and carried them around for a while
then decided that I will only buy the 55 Panel and the DD as $4ea was a
little bit more than I wanted to pay for a HW so I left the rest for another
person/collector.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea we checked the price on the scanner, but apparently I grabbed a Wayne's garage car, cause it scanned at $2.97. When we checked out these were $3.97 ea. Nice little error on my part.
But the way I figure it is this. Nobody likes plastic in a diecast car, but if nobody buys the metal on metal cars that do get produced, then we will only have plastic cars to complain about. So I'm voting for all metal cars with the $$ I spend on them. Yea I still buy the $.97 cars, but only the ones I like.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
WTG, I picked these up in the Store and carried them around for a while
then decided that I will only buy the 55 Panel and the DD as $4ea was a
little bit more than I wanted to pay for a HW so I left the rest for another
person/collector.
It adds up quickly, don't it?!

As much as I like the Dairy D casting, I'm not fond of this release.
The '55 is one of the nicer ones of the bunch.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It adds up quickly, don't it?!

As much as I like the Dairy D casting, I'm not fond of this release.
The '55 is one of the nicer ones of the bunch.
I really like the '55 it looks great in these colors! As does the Champion Van.
The COE would (IMO) look a lot better without the pink colors. I don't care if it is the name of the company...

My least favorite of this set so far is the Wynn's Super Van. I think the casting just looks bad all around. But that might change when I see the Moon Eyes Van thing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts