Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Amazing story. I do believe that some people can be that bad. Still, I don't think I've heard any of these stories about other brands. It always seems to be Hot Wheels that brings out the best in people...I wonder why.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Remember 'One Mans Junk is another Mans Treasure'! I remember those days. Shoot when I was working in Titusville, Florida there were two clowns running around with 'Nextel' phones reporting to each other what they had found. Saw a fight breakout at the local Sears when the T-Hunt Go-Cart arrived.:(
How many of you were collecting back in 1998?
It was quite a wild scene with many more collectors
warming the doors, including me =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6SIXCw0C3o

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
I remember the Hot Wheels 30th Anniversary cars. The 30 set was $100 plus at TRU (I can't remember the exact price, and I didn't buy it until I saw one at a toy show for about $35 the next year).

The single cars were $4.96 at WAL*MART. I only bought the cars that I liked. I did find the VW Drag Bus, but I never saw the white '59 Caddy. No big deal because the '59 Caddy casting is too long and very narrow (looks wierd).

The 30th Anniversary Twin Mill was $9.96 (I bought two of them, and the spectraflame paint is VERY BAD on both of mine).

IMHO the only 30th Anniversary worth more than $5.00 is the VW Drag Bus.

I like the Cobra (I bought 2 or 3 of them), but I don't think I could sell it for what I paid for it 14 years ago.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
I had the 30 car set, but thankfully I sold it for what they cost new a few years before the spectraflame cars started flaking.

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
I remember... I still have the set. only 3 of the spectraflames in my set flaked... I never knew that even the single packs flaked too.

I got my set at Costo after it went way down on clearance

Anyone know why the only car that is backwards in the 30 car set is the Sweet 16?

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Great story Mark :thumbsup:.... Better than mine as I just found them at KB Toys pegged up at $7.99ea..... I do not have them anymore as I sold or RAOKed them all away as I wanted to down sized my collection to a more manageable collection....

·
Premium Member
9,004 Posts
Nice Video Congrats.:wave::thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts