Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Husky, with Corgi Toys, was a brand of Mettoy. They were only available in FW Woolworths stores. The price was placed to undercut Matchbox. This 'Walk Thu' van was a holiday present in 1965! Yeah it is slightly playworn but that was the original purpose of these items! Note the sliding doors and driver figure. Cute eh! ;)

Thanks for looking and does anyone else have memories of Husky?

Cheers Chris

·
Registered
1,037 Posts

Mine is paler yellow.

I vaguely remember Husky; I should have collected them like Matchbox. There was one neighbor who had the white Ford electrical repair pickup truck with the red plastic scaffolding; that one looked very nice.

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
My older brothers had (still have) one each - the blue Ford wrecker and a yellow cement truck with a red barrel...don't know what brand of truck the cement mixer is...some English truck I assume.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My older brothers had (still have) one each - the blue Ford wrecker and a yellow cement truck with a red barrel...don't know what brand of truck the cement mixer is...some English truck I assume.
You are right Lummox - the cement mixer lorry was based on the British ERF.

Cheers Chris

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice one Tone! Your pic shows the near side of this model and the petrol/diesel fuel filler cap. That is what I call attention to detail.

Cheers Chris

·
Registered
1,922 Posts

Thanks for looking and does anyone else have memories of Husky?

Cheers Chris
It was late 1960s, and I was very small and on holiday with my parents in the seaside town of Great Yarmouth.Auntie Babs, my Mum´s new sister in law, worked at Woolworths and we went to say ´Hello´ while she was at work. She said I could have any Husky I liked and I chose this Granny Smith green Commer Walkthru van.
Mine is long gone today although i do still have 80% of my childhood original toys.I have a mint replacement and an example of the red issue in my collection to remind me.........

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Karl I agree with Lummox on the lighting - fantastic.

Now how is it that you still have the ladders and aerials on the Commer and Thames TV service vans? I bet you have the three miniature TV's safely inside the MB model.

Very nice models. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers Chris

·
Registered
198 Posts
When I was a kid in the early seventies, my cousin and I would play with his Husky models for hours. He never let me be Batman though which ticked me off :( Years later I found a Batmobile of my very own so of course all is forgiven....LOL. I have about a dozen and pick them up whenever I find them :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts