Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a husky 480 cd chainsaw it wont start
it was running and stopped couldn t pull it over it was like it was seized let it sit for awhile checked the fuel it looked milky color looks like might of been full of water.Removed spark plug and put alittle mix oil in cylinder and let it sit it pulls over really good know changed plug put new gas but still wont start where should i look next or did saw get screwed

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
If there was water and a milky color in the fuel is a good indication of water. Then the fuel system should be flushed out to make sure no water is remaining. The crankcase may need to be dried out as well as any water vapor at all will cause the plug to misfire. Take the plug out and pull the engine over a lot very rapidly to help remove any trapped water remaining in the crankcase. If you have a compressor, blowing out the crankcase through the spark plug opening will help clear it out. If water was the only problem then the saw should be alright, you might remove the muffler and inspect the cylinder and piston area for any damage, if you see any deep scoring or scuffing then there may be more to it then just some water.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
used compressor blew out cylinder put plug in still didn t start checked for spark didn t see any but idid i did feel a slight shock even with a brand new plug maybe its a dud

·
Registered
750 Posts
hmm, did you use a replacement plug the manufacturer specified? and.. usually you might not see a spark in the sunlight, take it to somewhere darker and try to see a spark. OR, maybe the spark is too small, if there is rust on the sides of the flywheel shave them off, and like 30yr empty gas and check oil! there might be water in the oil too.. where did you store this?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i have brand new oil and gas proper plug from dealer and i did take into a dark place nice blue spark
i took the gas line going to carb and crank over saw a few times how much gas is suppose to come out i don tnotice very much fuel at all

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
everything seems good piston isn t marked up i took gas line going to carb off and pulled saw over but no gas comes out of fuel line should there be fuel coming out when im pulling or does it need to be on carb

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
no it still doesn t run my arms are tired from pulling iv e tried everything just about time to give up have to switch to my smaller saw tried putting gas in carb nothing tried ges in cylinder still nothin what else to do

1 - 17 of 17 Posts