Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh a-huntin' we will go, a-huntin' we will go, off to the hobby shops, a-huntin' we will go!
Saturday is gonna be an expedition to remember for some of us fellow Hobby Talkers. On my way East I'll be making a stop at a very interesting shop in what's called "The Quiet Corner" of Connecticut. I will then cross the border into the state affectionately referred to as "Little Rhody". I will be meeting up with dave_anto364 and carnut2256 in Warwick, RI and going into the shop where HobbyRI works. After we say "goodbye" to Steve, the 3 of us will trek northward to Taunton, MA and meet up with ECchopper at one of 2 shops in Taunton. I would imagine we will make detours into TRUs, WMs, KBs, Advanced Autos along the way. Should make for some interesting hunting. Somebody better bring a digital camera for posting pics of this excursion. Hopefully there will be some "colorful" posts added to this thread that describe our excursion (if we survive!).

Stay tuned........ :wave:

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
DadsCoronet said:
Oh a-huntin' we will go, a-huntin' we will go, off to the hobby shops, a-huntin' we will go!
Saturday is gonna be an expedition to remember for some of us fellow Hobby Talkers. On my way East I'll be making a stop at a very interesting shop in what's called "The Quiet Corner" of Connecticut. I will then cross the border into the state affectionately referred to as "Little Rhody". I will be meeting up with dave_anto364 and carnut2256 in Warwick, RI and going into the shop where HobbyRI works. After we say "goodbye" to Steve, the 3 of us will trek northward to Taunton, MA and meet up with ECchopper at one of 2 shops in Taunton. I would imagine we will make detours into TRUs, WMs, KBs, Advanced Autos along the way. Should make for some interesting hunting. Somebody better bring a digital camera for posting pics of this excursion. Hopefully there will be some "colorful" posts added to this thread that describe our excursion (if we survive!).

Stay tuned........ :wave:
Sounds great! Best of luck to you all.

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Good luck huntin'!

Take lots of pics!

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Yep, good luck to you guys and have lots of fun. Wish I hadn't volunteered to work tomorrow 'cause I'd be going with you. :wave:

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Rich, I was gonna threaten you guys with plain clothes feds at the Seekonk WM, but seeing as nobody ever finds anything there anyway, have at it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
carnut2256 said:
You'll be there in spirit, Bill :thumbsup:
Yeah, that's the ticket. We'll be trash-talkin' ya, Bill while imbibing spirits! :drunk: *burp* :devil: :roll: :devil:

Wish you could join us. :wave:

·
Registered
12,344 Posts
Have fun guys. Be sure to fill us in on how the day went. Hope it's more productive than mine today, hit the road to several stores with my son and came home empty handed. Didn't see a new JL anywhere that we hadn't seen already. Honestly I don't think any stores we visited on this side of the state have gotten any new JLs in since the first week of January. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
CTWLSMIKE said:
Have fun guys. Be sure to fill us in on how the day went. Hope it's more productive than mine today, hit the road to several stores with my son and came home empty handed. Didn't see a new JL anywhere that we hadn't seen already. Honestly I don't think any stores we visited on this side of the state have gotten any new JLs in since the first week of January. :rolleyes:
Mike, be at my house by 9:30 and you can join us. I'll bet we have better luck than what you had! Sorry to hear about your fruitless venture. :(

·
Registered
12,344 Posts
DadsCoronet said:
Mike, be at my house by 9:30 and you can join us. I'll bet we have better luck than what you had! Sorry to hear about your fruitless venture. :(
Hey Mark thanks for the offer and condolences. If I had a tad more notice, I just might have taken you up on that... :wave: No worries on the fruitless venture, still consider it quality time with my son. He'll be 12 next month and sooner or later he will want to utilize his time in other ways, no matter how hard I try to convince him otherwise. :)

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
DadsCoronet said:
Rich, PLLLEEEEEZZZZ bring your digital camera!!
The digi is out, Mark, and fresh batteries are charging as we speak.

DadsCoronet said:
Mike, be at my house by 9:30 and you can join us. I'll bet we have better luck than what you had!
Absolutely! The more the merrier! We're guaranteed to find the latest releases at Jeff's (no whites though :( ) and the other shop had some new JLs and some Greenlights. Both shops have plenty of older, harder to find Johnnies and plenty of other brands (HW, MB)

I just repacked the Bud Box and swapped out a couple of cars, and just finished putting together a trader box. Pretty fair mix of older Johnnies and a couple of Brand X treats :thumbsup: Lunch is gonna be fun, we'll need about eight tables!!!!

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
DadsCoronet said:
I would imagine we will make detours into TRUs, WMs, KBs, Advanced Autos along the way.
I don't know how much time we'll have between Warwick RI and Taunton MA, but let's see; mark will pass one on 295 south, at the Rt.14 exit, (the one I scored the red 442 WL at) if he takes a right at the bottom of the exit. There's one TRU in the vicinity (with a WM next door, and a Sears!), another WM and an Advanced not too far out of the way, then there are two KBs in the area, we'll drive right past another Advanced with another WM nearby, we could hit one more KB near that as well, and there's another WM in Taunton, with a KB not too far from that.

With all those retail stores, how are we ever going to get to Taunton before midnight??? :p

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Just so long as you guys stay on your side of the sound no one gets hurt! LOL.

Just kidding guys, good luck in your hunt, I hope you find some nice stuff!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts