Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, Got started on one of the Grail Kits. The Hunter/Killer from Terminator. Because it's vinyl, had to heat it up with the hair dryer, and then it cuts like butter with the hobby knife. Here are some pictures of me test fitting.
To see more on the buildup, go to http://thetholianweb.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1854 Otherwise, I will show the finished product when its done!

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
I have always wanted this kit! Missed out on a lot on ebay. Never had the money when it was on the shelf. Looking forward to your build. How long is this kit, nose to tail?

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
I saw a huge diorama of this at the IPMS Petaluma show in California in 2009/10. It was titled "Skynet Urban Renewal Project"-or close to that. It had this model, scaled, skinless terminators, and a blackened landscape. Complete with overturned attack vehicles and even a blackened play structure with swing-set. Human skulls littered the whole thing. The ship was fully lit and even the overturned assault vehicle had a wheel spinning. Cool as heck. I'll try to locate pics........

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
Looks awesome Tom!
Looking forward to more progress pics.:)
-Jim

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
I missed out on this kit many times on eBay too. It just went for more than I could justify paying. Well, vigilance persevered and I got one. Not only got one, but at a fantastic price to boot! One of those times you say 'I can't believe I just got it at this price'. Right place at the right time.

I will be watching this build with great interest. I've seen several builds online but never a WIP so this will be a fun build to watch. So I hope you give us an inch by inch report.

Now, get off the computer and get back to the model!!

HAL9001-

1 - 7 of 7 Posts