Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sitting here, going through a pile of cars near my desk, deciding what to open to fill in my new display cases. I come across the Classic Gold Vega GT, the mustard yellow one, and figure that's a good one for the display. Then I find another Vega GT, and it has the same card, and appears to be from the same release, but this one is different. It has pearl white paint, and an all white interior. I guess this is a White Lightning? I don't even remember when I bought it, but it must have been sitting next to my desk for months. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
It is kinda neat when to stumble across a WL already in your collection and you don't remember ever getting it.

So, which one did you open?
Got any pics of the new display case?

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll open the yellow one, I have a display that holds the cards so I put my whites there.
No pictures yet, I hope to fill the cases over the weekend. I've got three 70 car cases, in addition to two 30 car cases, on my basement wall. I'm going to add one more 30 case, and three more 70 cases over the next few months.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
kadman said:
did ya make the displays yerself or did ya buy them ttfn johnny :cool:
No, I didn't make them. They are the plexiglass cases like Carney Plastics sells. I have one 70 car case over my desk, and I bought three more at a show in Atlantic City last weekend.
A while back Roy N. posted shots of his garage wall, and I fell in love with the way he had all his cases mounted. Now that my basement is done, I plan to do something similar. I'll have nine cases, trimmed out with oak strips, and I'll include a shelf over the top. I use to display everything in the blister, but I want a cleaner, less cluttered look.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm really not sure when I bought it, but it seems like it must have been last summer. I remember thinking it was cool to find a car that was so popular when I was a kid, that wasn't the usual muscle car.

BTW - What kind of Jeeps do you drive?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts