Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two of best in the Ertl Collections: American Muscle...1971 Chevy 454SS Monte Carlos and my Moon-shine 1966 Chevy Biscayne 427......:thumbsup:

·
Registered
10,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Nice to see that Ertl did away with the dog-leg hood hinges on their 1:18 cars.
Well?, they did missed the boat on the 66, Now maybe they'll bring it back in 2013??...the 2012 releases the only one I brought was a 68 Dodge Charger R/T....I still don't like their 70 Chevelle....:cool:

·
Registered
520 Posts
Nice to see that Ertl did away with the dog-leg hood hinges on their 1:18 cars.
Older Ertl 1:18's still have doglegs. The later ones in the Authentics line did not have dog legs. AutoWorld still makes both kinds as they now have rights to Ertl's 1:18 castings. So it depends on which casting you are looking at - and some like the 68-70 Charger were done both with doglegs and as Authentics since they retooled for the Authentics version.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Miss when you could go into a TRU and pick Ertls up found alot of chase cars but left alot of regulars thinking I'd be able to pick them up later,

·
Registered
10,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Miss when you could go into a TRU and pick Ertls up found alot of chase cars but left alot of regulars thinking I'd be able to pick them up later,
I did the same one time or twice in my life....but I only end up selling them in favor of GMP and HWY61.....To date I only have about 9 out of 113 from 97-2003....2006 I got lay-off....2009-present I collect cars from 1/64-1/18 2103 cars in total.....

·
Registered
13,598 Posts
Damn, I'd love to have eitherone of those parked in my driveway! I have an online friend half the country away with a '66 Bel Air 2-door sedan much like this Biscayne. Her car was bought originally by her father and it's the only car she's ever owned. It's only option is the Powerglide automatic trans.

Not to be a nit-picker, but how many Biscaynes would have had the extra-cost optional right-side door mirror? The Biscayne wasthe stripped-down basic Chevy. (Also, those mirrors appear to be the taller, Corvette-style units, not the standard passenger car ones... Just sayin'.)

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Older Ertl 1:18's still have doglegs.
They sure do. I have seven from the mid-1990s, and all of 'em have those big ol' dogleg hinges.

Not to be a nit-picker, but how many Biscaynes would have had the extra-cost optional right-side door mirror?
I'll venture a guess here: not many. I would also guess that a lot of the Biscaynes that did have right-side mirrors had them added by the dealer, either at the buyer's request or due to state laws.

·
Registered
10,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well?

Damn, I'd love to have eitherone of those parked in my driveway! I have an online friend half the country away with a '66 Bel Air 2-door sedan much like this Biscayne. Her car was bought originally by her father and it's the only car she's ever owned. It's only option is the Powerglide automatic trans.

Not to be a nit-picker, but how many Biscaynes would have had the extra-cost optional right-side door mirror? The Biscayne wasthe stripped-down basic Chevy. (Also, those mirrors appear to be the taller, Corvette-style units, not the standard passenger car ones... Just sayin'.)
Hey Buddy, and your opinion is always respected by me on my thread too...as for this Biscayne, Yes its not a basic chevy....Only 5143 full-sized chevies had the L36 427/390HP & L72 427/425HP but not all of them were Impala SS...This Baby is one of them.....other opinions: a two-speed Powerglide and a 4-speed Muncie This one is a 4-speed manual L72.....follow by a Turbo-Hydro-Matic for L36 427/390HP....opinional...:thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts