Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a rebuild kit for the HPI shock. Mostly need the shaft end o-ring, spacer and C-clip. Is there a part number?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,805 Posts
I found most of the parts on Tower, but couldn't find a kit. I guess that would be to easy right. Just got my Tamiya shocks from lefthander. I will let you know how that goes. Maybe see you on Saturday at T-Road.

Joel White
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Still looking for info on the snap-ring that goes in the shaft end to hold the o-ring in.

J-dub, I have looked all over HPI on Tower. It is hard to find the right kit.

Ernie, not sure that you have the snap-ring I am trying to find.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,387 Posts
Two threaded shock bodies (75196)
Two purple anodized shock caps (75197)
Two purple anodized bottom shock cap (75198)
Two 3x28mm shock shafts (6871)
Two shock bladders (73523)
Two black nylon, machined 1.1mm shock pistons
Two clear silicone o-rings (6820)
Two black nylon sock retainers (75199)
Two black nylon shock retainers (75199)
Four 2mm e-clips (Z242)
Two purple anodized aluminum shock spring adjuster nut (30004)
Two black o-rings (50432)
One black nylon parts tree with 14 ball ends, 2 shock caps, 2 spacers
and 4 shock bushings -

i think thats everything on that no?

so it has to be one of those parts ;-)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
234 Posts
Ok Mits here is a question you did not answer: which part name/or number that is flat circular component with a small alignment dimple that goes under the endcap required to use the ball retainers that are on the nylon parts tree?

Also, is there only one piston size? I recall multiple when you get the original shock kit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,884 Posts
Larry B said:
Still looking for info on the snap-ring that goes in the shaft end to hold the o-ring in.

J-dub, I have looked all over HPI on Tower. It is hard to find the right kit.

Ernie, not sure that you have the snap-ring I am trying to find.
Larry just go with the tamaiya shock is better than the HPI anyway.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,387 Posts
oh well i just posted that to see if anything looked familiar to you.. sorry.

maybe:

U.S. and Canada only.
1-949-753-1099
Hours of operation are as follows:
Monday - 7:30am to 4:30pm
Tuesday - Friday 7:30am to 5:00pm
Please note that HPI has every other Friday and most U.S Federal holidays off. Click here for a current work schedule.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,372 Posts
pepe said:
Larry just go with the tamaiya shock is better than the HPI anyway.
The HPI and the tamaiya shock are the same. I took the piston out of my HPI shock and it matched. I ordered new shafts from murdock Or I guess it's windtunnel racing now but check with Rob he may have them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks to all for the help. I found the part# it is HPI50534. Called a retainer clip. Hpi price $5.00 for a pack of 4 and $13.95 was the lest expensive shipping they offered. Horizon hobbies had them in stock and only $6.00 for shipping.

Ordered and on the way.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,884 Posts
stoneman said:
The HPI and the tamaiya shock are the same. I took the piston out of my HPI shock and it matched. I ordered new shafts from murdock Or I guess it's windtunnel racing now but check with Rob he may have them.
Close but not exactley.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top