Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hearing about people runnning these HPI progressive springs on the center shocks of link cars. Is using these springs for more for a feel preference, or to get the car to possibly rotate harder than what a linear rate spring would?

Also, what weights and part #'s are available for these springs?

Thanks.

Brad.

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
I have attached a file showing the spring rates of the various HPI springs from my testing. I use the yellow on my link cars. It seems to offer a better combination of planted and rotation than a straight rate spring offers. They start out on the soft side, but transition into a higher rate pretty quickly. You do have to be careful and not add too much preload or you get out of the progressive range quickly.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have attached a file showing the spring rates of the various HPI springs from my testing. I use the yellow on my link cars. It seems to offer a better combination of planted and rotation than a straight rate spring offers. They start out on the soft side, but transition into a higher rate pretty quickly. You do have to be careful and not add too much preload or you get out of the progressive range quickly.
Thats the information I was looking for.

Thanks.

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
Nobody posted the part number for the FloYel spring (is that a HPI spring?)

Is it the same as the one Bruce (RC4Less) sells?

That shows 1.35" long - the HPIs show 25 and 29 mm (1.35" would be 34mm)

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts