Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone got one ?? i looked threw the first 3 pages here and didnt see a word about em. just wondering how neat they are and how they are compared to buds car. i would like to get an adult micro class started at my local track, and this may be a way in !!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I SAW ONE....WASN'T IMPRESSED AT ALL......BUDS CAR IS MUCH BETTER...GO WITH A BRP :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
219 Posts
I've been racing one for a few weeks now, and love it!
adapted a 180 motor to it.
(makes it more driver friendly)
we have 5 racers running them, and all really like it so far.
they are alot of fun!

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
I have only seen one, but not on a track. I have heard that parts are hard to find/get, and the T-Plate is prone to braking. I do have a BRP V2 Mid Motor Brushless that I have been running the last few races, and have been very happy with the performance and durability. BRP makes a great product, and it is easy to find parts, and different tire compounds.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Have you even read a bad report in a magazine? Most of the time they only single run a car and do not compare cars of similar style.

·
Registered
16 Posts
We like the Scalpel alot. Once you build it and then adjust it for your driving style it handles pretty much the way a 1/12th scale pan car does. We've only run it in stock form. I believe if you mod it out and go with a more powerful motor it changes alot of the handling characteristics. There's people running them who have taken and lengthend the chassis to make it handle better with way more powerful motors. Personally I like it bone stock.

Parts aren't an issue. If in doubt check Tower out. They list all the parts and the part's availability.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts