Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, how did it go?

Did you guys have a drawing for the cases?
I did, and i didnt win :(
But i did get to pick up what they didnt want sooo., i got:

Scrapheads:
2/5
3/5
4/5
5/5

KMart Variation:
Orange Off Track
Black Cul8r

other:
Crooze Batmobile :D

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
A drawing for cases??

At my Kmart I just walked up to a guy near the pallet of cases and asked for one. He gave it right to me.

I got Tantrum TH, white tooned Camaro, red C6 vette, Maserati, and a Jaded.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup, a drawing.

ya know, they give out tickets with a number, and you write your name. so my # wasnt called. and at the end, whatever you didnt want were put in bins, so thats how i got all that stuff :drunk:

i saw alot of ppl get their Blue Madd Propz, along with some T-Hunts.
*sigh*
Too bad we had a drawing, i was one of the first 15 people there, and there were 28 cases.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
i did pretty good this morning.got the c6 vettex2,madd propzx4,tooned white camarox4,crooze batmobilex2,sir ominus variation,black cul8r,63 tbird variation, and t-hunts x 5,(4-tantrums and 1-whip creamer) and other stuff.

·
Registered
439 Posts
i got 2 cases, only 16 people showed up and there was 24 cases, i got 3 thunts 4 blue mad propz well $73 later. It was a good day
Eric

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
the kmart i went to dumped 28 cases in a bin then they handed out tickets with a number.they called 4 numbers at a time and you got five miutes in the bin. you could only take 5 cars 1 thunt.there were about 17 people.they did 2 rounds at 5 min then 2 rounds at ten min then let everyone get what they wanted.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
D-68pontiac said:
the kmart i went to dumped 28 cases in a bin then they handed out tickets with a number.they called 4 numbers at a time and you got five miutes in the bin. you could only take 5 cars 1 thunt.there were about 17 people.they did 2 rounds at 5 min then 2 rounds at ten min then let everyone get what they wanted.
What Kmart was that at?

I went to the "shooters Kmart" and they just handed everyone a case, maybe even 2, but my bro and I only got 1. Then again, there were only maybe 10 people.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Porsche911GT3 said:
What Kmart was that at?

I went to the "shooters Kmart" and they just handed everyone a case, maybe even 2, but my bro and I only got 1. Then again, there were only maybe 10 people.
the one by meijer and bass proshops.

·
Registered
439 Posts
so far this was the best K-Mart hotwheel days. Mattel did awesome job this time, i think they even sent more cases to all the kmarts so everybody had a chance which i'm glad.
Eric

·
Registered
817 Posts
kmart

it was great at our store 16 cases 6 people

this is my haul
blue mad props x17
white tooned 69 camaro x17
orange off track x6
red sir omous x6
orange fatbax b machine x6
many many more
4 tantrum hunts
1 whipped creamer hunt
could get all we wanted the pools were still full of good stuff
two of my cases had 2 hunts each

·
Registered
616 Posts
Dial up beware LOL

Went for a drive and had a blast. 16 cases for 9 collectors. Here is what I came home with today...

Then a stop at Target on the way out of town netted me this:

There was more from the variations and others newer FE's and series cars but I stopped at a friends house on the way back and helped him out with about 30 cars (including a TH) all at cost.
I had a great time down there today and look forward to going again next time.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow, so many!

I got there at 8;20, and was the 15th (apprx) person there. But at the end, there were 28 cases, and a total of 40 (apprx) people!
so i only snagged the ones that i just listed. :(

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
We had about 18 or 20 people and the same number of cases. Most of the cases were the new ones with Tantrum TH, blue Madd Propz, and the other new cares and variations. But several of us got cases from the last HW Days with the red Madd Propz. I got an old case and my wife got a new one, ended up buying 42 cars.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Porsche911GT3 said:
What do you guys do with so many of a single car? Customs? I'm just curious.
Hey Porsche... I am only keeping one TH for myself and one set of the six varies and the rest are going to help out some fellow collectors from Canada that were not able to get down there. That is the only reason that I bought multiples. Plus as I said there was only 9 guys there and 16 cases so it is not like everyone didn't get a chance. Had there been more people there I would have been more than happy to share the finds.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Bossman said:
Hey Porsche... I am only keeping one TH for myself and one set of the six varies and the rest are going to help out some fellow collectors from Canada that were not able to get down there. That is the only reason that I bought multiples. Plus as I said there was only 9 guys there and 16 cases so it is not like everyone didn't get a chance. Had there been more people there I would have been more than happy to share the finds.

ah, just wondering as a figure, how much did you spend?

also, is this just a yearly thing? or does it happen more then 1 time a year.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts