• Whats and OLD????

Votes: 2 4.4%

• Total voters
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys and gals! I'm posting this poll on a few diffenet boards here on HT, as well as some other Diecast BBS.

Would you be interested in a new OLD (Online Dealer) that could offer competitive pricing on the newest product, fast shipping and top notch customer service? Chase cars would not be pulled, they would be shipped at random in orders, as only one of our other OLDs does. Ihave some plans for return customers that I know you all will enjoy! All comments and suggestions are welcomed and encouraged! :wave:

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Sounds good to me :thumbsup:
The frequent customer thing sounds the best to me, as well as not pullin the whites. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
I welcome anymore OLD`s but if it was me I`d wait until April-May to see how the JL`s start hitting the stores with RC2`s `revamping` of distribution plans.It may be soo well revamped that no one has problems getting JL`s. RC2 is a big company so I`m sure if they really tried they could pull if off.Mattel does very well getting product to the shelves so it can be done. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
I'm just curious how you will be able to compete with the established OLDs here that have such good prices since they buy direct?

Unless you're not interested in making any money. ;)

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
it's the perks that can cost money, but they also bring in additional business....i was a "prize winner" at Tommytoyz, before he retired for personal reasons - i won a case of all new releases of j/l for 1 year - ended up getting about 8 cases before the end of his business - my kids loved them since they got them all as they arrived....then there's the "trivia question" as once offered by CNUSA....there's a lot you can do to boost business as an OLD....

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rlyoung1 said:
I'm just curious how you will be able to compete with the established OLDs here that have such good prices since they buy direct?

Unless you're not interested in making any money. ;)

I am in the process of setting up accounts to buy direct. I'm already in with three dicast co.'s to purchase direct, so competing will not be a problem.

Travis, I do agree with your point of the new distrivbution channels, but there will always be those that that shop online as well.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
i welcome it with a :thumbsup: :thumbsup: the no pulling of chase cars is something that everyone will love. i really like the bonus for returning customers idea also.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
I would like to wish you much success with your new venture.
There will definitely be growing pains.
And I do think that there is room for another OLD.
Competition is always good for the collector if the prices are reasonable.
And one thing to not overlook is "what do you do with the stuff that DOES NOT SELL"?
I am sure that Rob/Sherry and Russ know all too well what I am referring to.
And one thing that you have in your favour is the fact that you are a known entity
here to other HT JL collectors.
And thanks for letting us know.

Cheers. Cobra

·
Atomic Punk
4,323 Posts
The more the merrier. (atleast for us consumers)
There are a few OLDS out there but based on how fast the new stuff sells out for the current OLDS, looks like there is room for one more. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
I say, "Bring it on!" :thumbsup: Competition is good for the consumer. Our OLDs here treat us fine but as Nick mentioned, sometimes their new stock goes very quickly. Having another option would benefit us all.
Hey! Maybe you can do a promo where you insert a small piece of your busted Bronco in each order! :freak: :)
Good luck with your new business venture. :wave:

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
I aggree with everything already stated! There is nothing wrong with our current OLD's now, but another one ( and it being someone we know ) sounds like a great idea! I could then have 3 to buy from. ( Yea, yea, I know there are others...but I like my current two!)

Just count the cost up front! You have to compeat the day you open! Not take the time to slowely build up! It's a big challange. The bar is set pretty high. But if you think you can make this work....then do it!

·
Mustang Collector
4,091 Posts
I see nothing wrong with another dealer but I have been extremely happy with the OLD that I currently use and therefore my loyalties are with them. Unless another dealer has a crazy good deal my purchases will be made in the same place!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts