Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check this item: 260035867700

It's only a bad painted JL Daytona, so you well not be delighted.

What just made me laughing to cry was the sentence "The detailing on the body is amazing!!!"

When I see what some members on this forum are doing on their custom cars, the sentence above is just a joke when applied to this ugly JL Daytona (with its pathetic proportions: I know, I own one of them).

What amaze me is that people are still bidding, when reading some words like amazin, true collector gem, piece of dream come true, whatever....

·
Slotcar Fanatic
13,013 Posts
sethndaddy said:
I have seen much worse (and no its not mine or a friends) I have just seen some horrible listings over the years.
So have I. The thing that kills me is that there always seems to be a buyer at the end that's paid alot more than I would have. Guess they're still alot of newbies out there not willing to spend some time searching the www and figure epay is the place to get everything, except when I have an item up for auction. ;) rr

·
Duke Dave of Sealand
2,879 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
I saw that yesrterday while crusing ebay. I laughed when I read the discription too.

What's sad, some clown will buy it.

·
Tyco & Mopar Freak!
4,913 Posts
Maybe the seller was in "halloween mood" that must have it?? the paint job shows orange and black.. hmmmmm

:D

Wes

·
Registered
267 Posts
Poor Angelo....

And he hs been hocking his "detail" service on ebay for years....maybe Angellos Attic is where he lives at age 44 above his parents house instead of a metaphor for an "attic" find

oh well...slot people...ya know

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Not a bad deal/ 14.62 for a TJET and Body shipped to you. The Chargers are getting harder to find. The only one on ebay now is a pull back which will cost you at a minimum of 10.49 shipped to you.

Also by themsleves when fixed up this is a good looking TJET and it handles pretty good too.

Roger Corrie

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
I learned my lesson in "what does it really say?" descriptions last year buying a TJet. The description said "we are selling some of our nicest T Jets, with few if any flaws." When the car arrived the windshield posts had been replaced with some that almost matched, and the chassis had been "trimmed" around the magnets so that they hit the armature when they moved around. Kinda magna sonic at times. The kind seller never responded to my email inquiry, and I had received what I paid for. Yes it was pieced together but it worked, and it was the one in the "just a bit fuzzy" picture. And after the generalities there were no specific guarantees, only "as is." So I bought a bare chassis from "acol" to fix the bottom, puttied, filed, and painted the posts to make them blend in better, and learned a lesson. That particular seller liked to sell extravagent "restored" pieced together sets then as now, and I have noted the descriptions touting all original Aurora track, at times with JL cars identified only by model. ("with a Charger and a Camaro!") If one bids on half the Aurora items that come across the bay, one would assume that bidder/reseller would recognize JL cars. It's not deception, it's just selective exclusion.... And certainly not a way to earn respect or repeat business.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts