Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
I just signed up for hosting at photobucket.com. Right below the window for uploading, click on uploading options. I chose 15" screen (600x800) for the pics in my thread of my Batmobile. They came out a nice size. I was using imageshack, but had a few problems there. Photobucket is easier with more options, it seems to me...and hey, I'm an expert who has been at this for a whole week now. But thanks to the advice on this board, I'm learning.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I use photobucket also . The pictures of Starsky and Hutches Torino in my 1000th post thread are from there .

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
photobucket is the best place to store photos IMO. once uploaded, your photos will have 3 links under the photo. one of them already has the tags which will make it much easier for showing photos on message boards. all you will have to do is copy and paste the img links into the thread and you photos will be seen.
here is a photo reference

[IMG]http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o23/crday98/photobucket.jpg

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Exactly what pewter says...it's a snap. Just click on that IMG code, it tells you that it's copied automatically. Once in your thread, just hit Ctrl+v at the same time and the link will appear. Once you submit your thread, your picture shows up.

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Also, to help out those people still on dial-up, Photobucket has the thumbnail feature that is real simple to use.

Click image to ENLARGE

If you ever have any questions about Photobucket, just visit their forums and ask a question.

Photobucket Forums

·
Tweak 'em and Run
977 Posts
hankster said:
You can also use the HobbyTalk Photo Album - link at the top of any page.
Hankster, No offense meant to you or your site, but the HT Photo Album has a 2000k file size limit. I just found it easier to upload the picts to photobucket (they resize bigger picts automatically) then post the link. I would use HT more if it did the auto-resize. Just my .02

Jeff

·
Tweak 'em and Run
977 Posts
hankster said:
Don't know how to improve it if no one makes any suggestions.
My apologies, I never gave it a second thought, There have been many posts about "how to post pictures here" and I just assumed it was a "storage issure" or a hard coded file size limit but that it was already addressed in the past.

I never paid attention to the size of the pictures before today, but there have been many many times that I tried to post pictures and had it fail because of the file size limit. I would then have to open a third party program, re-size the picture, then upload it to the Photo Album. I will go look at the pictures I tried to post before and see what the size of them is.

Jeff

p.s. I just added a picture (1280X960 dpi 377k large) and it went without any problems. Looks like Photo Album is re-sizing now. :thumbsup: The more I look at my pictures it wasn't the actual file size but the dpi that might have caused the problems. :confused:

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
hankster said:
What file size limit would be needed? It does resize down. It also has the IMG code that you can copy. Don't know how to improve it if no one makes any suggestions.
I'm new to posting pics, but the HT photo link was the first place I went, naturally. It kept saying file was too large and rejecting me. I don't know that much about it to make constructive suggestions. All I know is it wouldn't take any of my pics. Can anyone give hankster a better explaination as to why?

·
Premium Member
15,151 Posts
It is the file size that matters. Right now the file size limit is 2M. The WxH doesn't make a difference as it is resized after it is uploaded. So..... what would be a good limit on the file size?

OK, what I did was change the file size limit to 5M. That should allow the vast majority to upload pictures. The total storage limit is 25M for Members and 50M for HobbyTalk Supporters. While that may not seem like a lot, since the picture does get resized to a smaller format 25M should allow you to store at least 100 pictures.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Hankster - I'd like to post photos - mainly of 1/43 scale cars. I've sent my typical digicam photo by e-mail to publications; they've been fine for attachment to e-mail. However they are too big for this site. I have tried to attach them to a reply for posting but I am told that the files are too big. The limit is indicated as being 50.8KB; my photos are about 60.1KB. The smallest sizing I can get on my digicam is 640x480; I can't get a photo to 320x240. I too am no computer geek & don't care to learn much more about it than I have to. But I do like cars and die cast & would like to share photos of a few of my models. - ranchero -

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
hankster said:
It is the file size that matters. Right now the file size limit is 2M. The WxH doesn't make a difference as it is resized after it is uploaded. So..... what would be a good limit on the file size?

OK, what I did was change the file size limit to 5M. That should allow the vast majority to upload pictures. The total storage limit is 25M for Members and 50M for HobbyTalk Supporters. While that may not seem like a lot, since the picture does get resized to a smaller format 25M should allow you to store at least 100 pictures.
Thank you. I'll try uploading a few pics tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
15,151 Posts
ranchero - The attachement system on the forums here is just for small sample photos and such. If you have larger pictures use the HobbyTalk Photo Album which is linked at the top of any page. Once uploaded you can look below the picture and get the IMG code that is needed to display them on the forum.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts