Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can I determine runline of the oval track I race no one seem to give that info up when asked seems as if no one knows. Can some one tell n]me step by step from what point to what point to measure. Do I measure from center of track all the way around or what?

·
Premium Member
1,891 Posts
I will usually walk the groove of the track. It may not be the shortest line but if its the fast way around I would use that. Or measure the shortest and the longest and average the 2. You can use the rolling tape measure or just walk with a large stride (3 feet apart) and count how many.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So the runline is the middle of the track all the way around ? Is that correct this is on a carpet track not that that would make a difference

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
run line

Your run line should be the perferred groove, I.E. the path your car takes when you run the perfect lap. perhaps low entering the corner up a bit in the middle of the corner and low on the exit then flowing out towards the center of the straight the turning down into the corner.

That is just an example, your track may be different. But if you watch the fstest driver while they are practicing without traffic it should give you an idea of what the best line for your track is.

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
How accuarate are you looking to be?

Are you trying to determine the FAST LINE or find the # of Feet the actual run line is?

If trying to determine the FAST LINE, I'd STUDY where the fast guys are running...find referrence marks, watch how the roll or dive or how they are entering the corners w/o scrubbing speed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts