Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it too early to start speculating on which cars may be offered in the next Hollywood on Wheels series? Taking into account the recent RC2 buyout of JL, and looking at the castings and licenses each company holds, I think we're going to have the best HOW series in years!

- It's already been hinted that the '70 Challenger from Vanishing Point will be included.
- I was told by a rep that RC2 holds the license for the Starsky & Hutch movie, so I would expect the Gran Torino in the next wave.
- I've heard rumors that RC2 is considering releasing a 1:18 scale Christine. Since they have an awesome 1:64 scale casting, expect THAT to be included in the HOW line as well.
- Maybe RC2 will follow up their 1:18 scale versions of The Car and the Death Mobile with 1:64 versions.

Based on existing castings and licenses, which cars do you feel will be included in the next wave? This isn't a WISH LIST, be realistic and use some detective work to speculate on what we may actually see.

By the way, the winner of my site's Wish List poll was Mad Max's Interceptor, followed by Ecto-1 from Ghostbusters (which really surprised me) and The Beverly Hillbillies truck coming in third.

- Joe J.
www.hollywood-diecast.com

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Smokey and the Bandit T/A and Cadillac.
Dukes of Hazzard General Lee
Dazed and Confused '70 SS Chevelle and '73 Trans Am
Cannonball '73 Trans Am and Charger

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
I think K.I.T.T. and K.A.R.R will be on the list considering the following that this show had and I think that maybe Battlestar Galactica might be in the offerings.

Granted I like the shows but I will have to see how the Castings look.

Richard

·
Banned
2,477 Posts
i'm done speculating,,,,just gets me in trouble every time,,,,,,

·
Registered
610 Posts
I'd have to go with the General Lee and K.I.T.T. too. It's funny. I've got a couple of 1:64 cars I let my daughter play with. She's 2. I've got an Ertl General Lee, and a JL Marvel car. She prefers the JL. :) She smashes the General Lee with it and knocks it off the table all the time. Even makes the BOOM sound when it hits the floor. :jest:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts