Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Beautiful work man...:thumbsup: But this great kit deservers a better base to show it off :eek:
Ditch the cardboard box and give this work of art a base with rocks and cactus' (cacti?) Your paint slinging on this kit, geoffdude is simply stunning!!!
Mcdee:wave:

·
Lifetime Monster Modeler
4,124 Posts
Geoffdude,

Great job on a very hard to find kit! Love the color scheme you used...looks soo natural!:thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing your pics with us!

MMM

·
Elder Statesman
1,147 Posts
NICE work!!! That's one of my favorite Aurora kits and you really did a beautiful job on it!!:thumbsup:

Thanks for posting the photos!!

- Denis

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Beautiful! Absolutely wonderful job! So lifelike! Which parts are resin?

Larry
Thanks for all the props guys. This model was challenging, but fun too. It also marks the very 1st kit I've ever done that wasn't sci-fi/comic based of some kind. I really enjoyed doing it.

The resin parts can be seen below, with the kit before I restored it. (Bought the model for about $30+ on the 'bay, though he had a diff horse). Anyway, resin parts are the bow, quiver, tail feathers and head-feather.

·
Registered
722 Posts
This is a true masterpiece geoffdude, a pro build, excellent painting, and perfect color scheme.
Very well done! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Kitz' :wave:

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Very nicely done - I love to see these 'odds and ends' figure kits, especially when they are built as nice as this! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Very nice work on a kit not often seen.

Were these resin parts sourced through the Parts Pit a few months ago?

Thanks Mike,

Yes, these parts were sourced through the Parts Pit (along w/other parts for many of my restores), and then ultimately through Al @ python. I should have noted that.. you and Al are significant contributors to many of my kits, and the Apache for sure. :thumbsup:

:)

g.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts