Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
all in the presentation. just like fishing. and wammm.... hooked line and sinker.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
I really want the tow truck that came in that set, but I'm afraid to look for it now. :lol: Guess I have a new Holy Grail.

As far as it being "by far, the most detailed Bronco JL has put out to date", I don't think this one is too shabby. It's even got those fancy white letters on the tires. I've got one, but the pic is courtesy of Wyatt's site.

Thanks Wyatt for the awesome site!

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Have you checked the other items for sale? They are all listed the same way. Almost all of the 10 cars listed are htf, rare, mint. The JLPD Tow truck is by far the hottest tow truck yet.

Give me a break. The descriptions are a little overboard. This seller is trying to extract every dime, nickel, and penny not only in somebody's pocket, but also under the couch cushion. Sad thing is, someone actually coughed it up.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Looks to me like the seller has a fairly thorough description. As far as mint, would have to see the car. As far as rare and hard to find? Yes..........

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
mountainboy said:
Looks to me like the seller has a fairly thorough description. As far as mint, would have to see the car. As far as rare and hard to find? Yes..........
No doubt, it is thorough. And it may be rare and hard to find as it came in a five pack, and most of them are probably still in the package. I'm just not a big fan of laying it on so thick with all the colors, capital letters, exclamation points, that if you don't buy it, you'll fall off the face of the earth tomorrow. But to each his own. I would never buy it.

Now, that being said, I wondered what it might go for had the description been a little LESS descriptive. It didn't take long to find one as this was at the top of the list after a search for Johnny Lightning Ford Bronco. This one is from the Ford Muscle 10 pack from '04.
And we thought the first one was unreal.
http://cgi.ebay.com/JOHNNY-LIGHTNING-1967-FORD-BRONCO-RARE_W0QQitemZ280089036628QQihZ018QQcategoryZ760QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

If anything, I would have thought the 40th Anniversary Bronco would have gone for more.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
damn, I had seen that auction, but forgot about it. Looks like the same couple of bidders going after it.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember reading that the Ford Muscle set was limited to 2000 sets, but I never heard about the Search and Rescue set. Anyone know how many were produced?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I've had the opportunity to do business with this seller on numerous occasions and, like it or not, his descriptions have always been "over the top" even for $1.99 regular JL's. Overkill? Maybe. But, he is a super guy and one of the finer Ebayers I've had the pleasure to do business with :wave:

·
Registered
93 Posts
How else sell something? For me, I would much rather buy something that is very well described than not.............I like to know what I'm getting. The seller didnt say "one of a kind" or anything like that...... + its not like the bidding started at 20 bucks......Looks like it started around 4-5.. I do agree......the Mclearens Bronco is absolutely hot................great looker!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts