Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll start.

I race 1/24th scale hardbody oval cars and hard body drag cars.

Other than that it's HO pancakes.

Gonzo

·
Villain
4,632 Posts
i collect and tinker with ho, race 1/32nd, but we always race one 1/24th race for a "warm up the track" race. we got a good deal on 1/24th cars from a local hobbyshop and each got one or 2 to play with. we don't allow any major tuning to them, and they are all pretty even (slow) but fun to run.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Here in southeast Missouri we run two classes of 1/24 cars. Both feature hardbodies mounted on either Pro-track or H&R chassis. The only real difference in the two classes is the body/model year. Our vintage crash and burn class features bodies from the thirties through 1955. The modern crash and burn uses bodies from 1956 to present, with certain exceptions. Both classes are a blast to run.

In addition to the 1/24ths we also run several classes of 1/32. Most everyone involved also has a few (or maybe a lot of) ho cars as well

Patrick

·
Registered
793 Posts
I did a little 1/24th scale racing when there was a track in town. Lexan NASCAR bodies on an oval and GTP "wedge" bodies on a hillclimb. About half the guys took it way too seriously. I haven't run one in years, but still have my car stashed away in a box somewhere. I've been trolling for a small and CHEAP 1/24th track to setup in the basement for years. It seems everything that would fit the available space and not worth its weight in gold is across the country from me.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
I grew up racing 1/32 and 1/24.Started with HO in 1983.I can't believe I'm doing this for 47 years.Started with an AC Gibert set.I guess I like slots.Tom Stumpf.

·
Most Interesting Member
6,350 Posts
I run 24th scale off and on when there is a track open around here.
I like the ProTrak chassis, to run hard bodies on. The track I was running these at closed.
I keep all my stuff so I can run at the next one that opens.
Meanwhile, it's all HO dude.

Here's a ProTrak chassis with 24th scale hard body.

Rich

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Very kool!! HAILTO THE KING!!
Marty
I run 24th scale off and on when there is a track open around here.
I like the ProTrak chassis, to run hard bodies on. The track I was running these at closed.
I keep all my stuff so I can run at the next one that opens.
Meanwhile, it's all HO dude.

Here's a ProTrak chassis with 24th scale hard body.

Rich

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Tom Stumh,

My first 1.32nd set was a Gilbert as well.

It had 40 Ford coupes with gas peddle controllers.

I'm converting one of the coupe bodies " swap meet find " to a Scalextric chassis.

Nice hard bodies

Gonzo

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
I prefer vintage stuff:

Monogram Chaparral 2D - autographed by Jim Hall!!

SMP Valiant model kit w/K&B chassis. HAIL TO THE KING!!

Revell Mr. Rat Fink in a Lotus Ford. I don't competitively race it, but occasionally do some laps.

MPC Howmet Turbine w/Dynamic chassis w/K&B motor.

Marty

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
On the fun side I like "Thingy's"

My favorite is this one w/Rat Fink drivin' and a purple and white tuck&roll upholstry:

Marty

·
Most Interesting Member
6,350 Posts
Thanks!!
http://www.professormotor.com/43valiant.shtml
It wasn't very competitve with the small tires plus it weighs a ton!!
Marty
That's perfect!!! (and also very accurate)
Chrysler didn't do jack at Daytona from 61 to 63 with these kinds of aerodynamics.
Great pics, and a great build!!

I've got a 67 and a 64 I was working on. I'll dig them out and post some more pics.

Rich :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.