Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading about the over abundance of JL's in some of the Canadian WMs (good for you guys finding them, sorry to hear others aren't getting any cars), how many JLs are hanging on the pegs of the WMs you frequent?

The one closest to me has about 24 (haven't checked this week though).
The one near my office has had the same 3 cars hanging on the pegs for the past month! Two are the Coke Holiday Acuras I think, and the third is also an import, but I forgot which one because I quit looking at it. And this is a fairly new store.
And last but not least, another store near me had none this past weekend. Possibly because they looked to be scanning and stocking other brands, but not a single HW either.

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
2 new ones ,1 peg of pokers,half a peg of clue,and about 5-6 assorted cars from a few `cars` releases.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
quite a bit of the new ones, here.(minus the Futuras)

I think sticker shock is having an effect.

of course,the 06 Clue cars and other "liscensed" JL's are here but barely hanging because the cards are so bent and torn.

their price ? 4.99 ? still waaay too much...

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
1 WM has the CARS asst in, minus the Futura, bunch of old stuff too
1 WM has the Coke/Beach release, and old stuff
1 WM has some Poker and old Coke

·
Registered
12,344 Posts
WM closest to home has about 2 dozen duds mostly old Street Freaks. WM that I found the new case at, only could find 8 leftovers from the 12 hanging, no sign of other leftovers. WM nearest to work, about 10 dud SFs and Marvel, and one new release red Mustang Fastback at last check.

·
Registered
547 Posts
our Wal mart still has the ones they had back in September of 06. and that was about 30 or so.But nothing spectaculler.Mostly foreign cars and poker run cars.

·
Registered
577 Posts
My WM has about 10 of the Poker cars and thats about it. The new 1:24's came in last week, I grabbed the Chevelle, but all thats left are 2 Nova's.
I work at a TSC store in Canada, and there are a few Gold series left and 2 Street Freaks. Can't wait for the new shipment.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Last time I checked my WM, it had about 6 old JL's...Poker, Clue, sometimes you get a handful of nicer cars. I haven't checked over the past week. Probably check it out on Thursday here and have a more current report.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
One WM near me cleared the shelves of anythng old and replaced them with the new releases. Not a whole lot to look at but new just the same.
The other WM (yes I have two within 15 min of EO) (it's an East coast thing you wouldn't understand :jest: )The other WM left all the old on the shelves at full price and added 2 of the new release.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
popped into nearest WM, before supper as wife was at nearby grocery store.
Still two pegs of Poker and several Classic Plastic. Still scan at $4.92.
And there are still a bunch of original Import Heat that scan at $2.92.
And this is at a Canadian Walmart. I think the price reductions have something to do
with the UPCs on each series or release.
I know that the Poker release at some Walmarts had two different UPCs. Go figure.
Canadian Walmarts often have different UPC stickers put over the originals.
Don't know why. But that is a fact.

And I have NOT seen one newer special casting at $1.00 each.
Available to one exclusive area of Canada only.

Cheers. Cobra

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
The one closest to me is in the middle of their reset and looks like a tornado hit it. :rolleyes: So I have no idea how many JLs are hanging because I don't know where to look. :freak:

·
Old School Dinosaur
2,130 Posts
One closest to my home has about 16. 8 from the new Coke Icons and 8 from Retro/Muscle/Pony/Classic Gold. The one near work has 2 from the new Classic Gold but they havent finished their reset yet. Dont know where all the old JL went but ALL the Import Heat are GONE, I almost did the happy dance when I saw that. :tongue:

·
Registered
55 Posts
I live in Canada. Before the dump of cars my local Walmart on had Poker cars and a few Monopoly cars. Seemed like they were hanging there forever. Then this past weekend there were cars everywhere. It never rains it pours!

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Let it rain!

geman57 said:
I live in Canada. Before the dump of cars my local Walmart on had Poker cars and a few Monopoly cars. Seemed like they were hanging there forever. Then this past weekend there were cars everywhere. It never rains it pours!
I hope that it rains lots JLs at my local WM at $1.00 each.
That would make up for all the JL material that we have never found in
Canada over the past several years in any store.

Cheers. Cobra

·
Registered
73 Posts
Checked my local WM on the way home tonight,and STILL no sign of all the $1.00 JL cars that seem to be flooding eastern Canada. :cry: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,677 Posts
boss302 said:
Checked my local WM on the way home tonight,and STILL no sign of all the $1.00 JL cars that seem to be flooding eastern Canada. :cry: :rolleyes:

Wait...They are only paying a $1!!!! No wonder why.....

WM had 15 new peggers in, the other had 5 peggers, bought a clearance piece for $1.99.....old OLD xmen thing terrible looking rig, dunno why I got it, maybe because it was cheap...maybe I will destroy it somehow

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Ok, so i dropped by my WM again and it's been cleaned out! other than a new set of Poker R1 on the pegs, all the recent series which i posted are all gone!!!

Fly_life did you have anything to do with this? LOL:tongue:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts