Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to share this video I stumbled on for you Hot Wheel Collectors.

Watch the video below and listen around the 1:10 min mark for how many HWs are produced per year.

Now you have an idea how many HWs in #ers are produced per year. :D

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
He meant 200 million cases. jk :lol:... But that's actually less than I would have figured. When you consider that most anywhere in the world - any place with stores that is, you're probably not too far from at least few cases of the little buggers at any given time.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
200 Million is alot of HWs per year..... People are Crazy if they think their HW collection is rare or their Cars are hard to find.... Its time for them to wake up and smell the coffee. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
Now divide 200 million, by how many different castings, variations, and recolors that they put out each year, and you still have probably somewhere close to a million made for even the rarest of Hot Wheels - likely more. With the exception of some very limited convention car.

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
I think we might have a bit of an awakening there, down in the HW forum. That whole Breadboxgate has shaken some folks. There's always hope and I wouldn't want Mattel to play me after their music too much.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think we might have a bit of an awakening there, down in the HW forum. That whole Breadboxgate has shaken some folks. There's always hope and I wouldn't want Mattel to play me after their music too much.
Maybe I should post the video there too ..... Mattel isn't a billionair Corp for no reason. Name of the game is pump out as many diecast cars you can for the year. Mattel knows 90% of the Collectors are adults and not children as its the adults who buy them and hoard them thinking they will become rich in the future for a retirement. Well, Mass produced Cars will not make you rich by any means - fact in the truth is it will make you poor.

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
And 90% or more of total production sold probably ends up trashed on the floor of a kid's bedroom. They are to go-to diecast, and market saturation ensures that status. To the point that non-collecting adults call any little car a "Hot Wheels" the way they call any tissue a "Kleenex". The upside to all that saturation for collectors is that it affords Mattel to continue pumping out quality castings every year ( if not quality itself ) and collector specific items that are fairly easy to find, and relatively affordable on the new market.

·
340 with 727 Tourqeflight
2,930 Posts
Hmmmmm I will need a bigger house and he mentioned one sold for 72 thousand dollars.
Bruce Pascal's purchase of the rear-loading pink Beach Bomb prototype. Pretty mind blowing considering I've never even come close to paying 72 DOLLARS for a single car, much less 72 THOUSAND :p

·
Registered
4,758 Posts
Bruce Pascal's purchase of the rear-loading pink Beach Bomb prototype. Pretty mind blowing considering I've never even come close to paying 72 DOLLARS for a single car, much less 72 THOUSAND :p
On a few of my Code 3 Collectibles I have paid well over 72 dollars but the most expensive set I have bought was the Super Pumper Set at 265 for all six pieces.

·
Premium Member
9,367 Posts
Nice Video Congrats.:wave::thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts