Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if lowering the stance of an original t-jet also lowers the value???

It may not matter since I will die before I ever let go of my slot cars, but I wondered, If I grind down the screw post to make the car look and perform better would any of you consider it butchered like cutting out a wheel well?

Old Blue

·
Geico ad . . . Offensive?
6,708 Posts
I was wondering if lowering the stance of an original t-jet also lowers the value???

It may not matter since I will die before I ever let go of my slot cars, but I wondered, If I grind down the screw post to make the car look and perform better would any of you consider it butchered like cutting out a wheel well?

Old Blue
That will be a dilemma for your surviving family members to wrestle with.

·
LED Burner Outer
11,710 Posts
Unless it's a high dollar body I wouldn't sweat it. Now if it is an orange mako or a candy or a black mustang that's a different story. The run of the mill cars I'd do what pleases you. If it is a high dollar body, there are repro's available to trim to your heart's desire..

·
Premium Member
3,558 Posts
Go as short as you dare OB...

You're the Barber. A little off the back and sides never hurt anybody in my opinion. Matter of fact, everything from a total gutting to a simple front post shave is fair game to me. Most importantly though... If'n you don't tell on me... I won't tell on you ! ! ;) nd

No shame... no prisoners!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts