Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in a few minutes im headed to pick up a rider from one of the stores i buy from for 100.00 , i know they said the " transmission is slipping " , but im wondering if it could be a clutch adjustment , or worse case could i rebuild the rear where all the gears are housed ? soon as i get it i'll get all the info down ect .

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
More then likely the belt is slipped (adjustment) but be better to wait till you know what drive system it is as well.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i got her yesterday , shes a bolens mod 13am762f765 , 15.5 briggs i/c motor , automatic shift on the go 6 speep , it runs beautifully , reverse works everytime , but when you put it in foward sometimes it will go and drive great , and other times it will either sit there and make a little bit of noise or it will buck a little bit but not really go anywheres , if you keep taking it out of foward and putting it back in eventually it will work , but im thinking its a gear or something w/ a broken tooth , because it will take off and drive great at times , and it does this at all 6 speeds

·
Registered
6,116 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
I just rebiult 1 of those drivelines 3 weeks ago. the tractor I worked on had a siezed idler wheel and a rusted siezed tensioner arm. jack up the rear end take off the cover plate by the forward reverse shifter. watch for movement on the tesioners if move freely start tractor and watch for siezed pulleys. if everything works fine and it keeps doing it its in the rear end

1 - 6 of 6 Posts