Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting back into racing and bought some new 4200's, the last batts I bought were 3300's so how do you all treat your 4200's? How often do you run them once, twice, three times a day? How deep do you discharge and how do you equalize/condition them? Thanks Ralf

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Look on the TQ cells website,[over on the right side of this page]all the correct info you'll need to keep them up

·
Premium Member
8,569 Posts
That's good advise. I put mine together and put 200 sec charge in them @ 6 amps. Then I discharge the pack down to 3.60v. After they discharge put a full charge on them @ 6 amps and then discharge @ 35 amps. Record the information about the first cycle for later comparison. Discharge pack down to 3.60 and let cool. Once the cells have cooled off some put them back on the charger for 300 seconds @ 6 amps, then they are ready to store. I would not go more than 30 days without running them or cycling them again. Contrary to what some people say these cells are way more fragile than the 3300's you are used to. I hope the newer one's (available in the next couple of weeks) will be a little tougher with better voltage. Time will tell.

·
AKA Rusty NutZ
1,138 Posts
trinity DPD. it gives the battery a shot of 30 amp discharge. than it slowly takes the battery down to whatever you want the cutoff at. there is also the integy 0-30 discharge tray. its a 30 amp discharge tray that uses 30 amps all the way through the discharge. there are others but i have only used these 2. there is also the tekin battery nurse. what it does is when you are done racing, discharge the pack, let it coll, put some charge back into the battery, hook it up to the nurse and it keeps the charge until you race the pack next. it could be the next day, it could be a week or longer. it will maintain the charge in the battery. check it out on tekins ebsite.

Rusty NutZ

1 - 5 of 5 Posts