Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having difficulity removing an engine from a JL 1:64 scale car. It appears to be glued in very tightly to the plastic surrounding it. I plan on replacing it with a mod engine. any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
5,306 Posts
If you have the base free from the body check and see if the complete engine compartment isn't riveted in. Some of the JL's like the Chrysler 300 were.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Motor Issue: I tried drilling it out and my drill bit broke.

Still trying to get the motor out of this JL 1:64 scale camaro. It appears to be glued or rivited in but I'm not sure. I drilled thru a tiny hole under the motor from the bottom up and my Drill bit broke. If I hack it out I will probably destroy the plastic housing surrounding the motor. Just wondering how everyone else performs this of procedure. Thanks....

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
i know on the olds 442 i did, the engine was kinda... 'hot smushed' in. Basicly the engine had 2 long legs patruding from the bottom of it that aligned up with 2 holes on the chassis, slap it in and heat up the to legs to smash and mushroom them out, kinda like a rivit. But you have to take the base of it off inorder to get to it.

If anyhting, grab a pair of needlenose pliers and start ripping! :p

·
Registered
5,306 Posts
Have you seperated the chassis from the body? If not do so by drilling out the rivets. Its a good possibility the motor is riveted in from the bottom of the body.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Wow, that comment really blew me a away How? With a 1/64 engine crane, of course.LOL LOL, LOL, LOL. That was funny, check out my post at the top, I finally finished the job on the Camaro, I will give myself a grade of C+ on this project, what do you all think? Howard

1 - 11 of 11 Posts